SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2014, 01:12 AM
Joined Aug 2013
36 Posts
Discussion
Radjet 800 General

This can be a general Radjet discussion, one question in particular though is bugging me. I want to get an extra battery for my Radjet (stock setup), i'm looking at this one (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=50282)
Has anyone tried this battery, or one similar? I know this might make it a little tail heavy but mine tends to be very nose heavy for some reason, so it would be fine. Right now i've only flown it on 20c, plenty of power, but, being who I am, I have to push it. I like the sound of 40c. I'm no speed demon but something made me buy this thing, and so now I have to do something with it. Tell me what you think (i'm talking a load of rubbish here, I will stop now)
CalebRC is offline Find More Posts by CalebRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:33 PM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
My radjet is also stock(except for the prop) and with the recommended 1300 mah battery it was very nose heavy. I had to remove foam and slide the battery back near the speed control to get the cg right. The battery you have linked is about 20 grams lighter so you won't have to move it so far back. I'm guessing you will get a little better performance with the stock setup and the lighter battery, although you will lose some flight time. That battery is rated for more than twice the amp draw of the stock setup so you will be fine there. If you are using the stock prop you will get a decent performance boost going with something like an apc 6x5.
imjony5 is offline Find More Posts by imjony5
Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:49 PM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
I should also tell you that a 6x5 prop will push the speed control pretty close to it's limit . I do it because it's fun and the plane is cheap, but it will probably take the motor or esc out sooner or later.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2013
36 Posts
That's what I was thinking, mine is pretty nose heavy but it does alright by just pushing the battery back without removing any foam. I figured it would give it some more power, I will probably get a smaller prop (like a 5x5 perhaps) for this. Here's a video of it the way it is now:
Hobbyking Radjet (2 min 46 sec)
CalebRC is offline Find More Posts by CalebRC
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 PM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
It is definitely worth the effort to get the cg right, even if it means removing some foam. Your rolls will smooth out and it will be easier to keep the nose up on landing, allowing you to slow it down more. I don't think that changing to a higher c rated battery will make much difference in power with the stock setup. The stock motor and prop only pull so much power. Speaking of the stock prop, it's horribly inefficient! Check out this vid
Hobbyking Radjet prop comparison (5 min 20 sec)

You can get more thrust and comparable speed for less amp draw if you swap it out.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2013
823 Posts
Is this really the main Radjet discussion thread?
Herrsavage is online now Find More Posts by Herrsavage
Old Oct 10, 2014, 07:07 AM
Joined Jul 2007
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebRC View Post
but, being who I am, I have to push it.

a 3s battery that small isnt anywhere near to pushing it :P

RadJet 800 6s 1200 watts (VERY FAST) (1 min 50 sec)
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:22 AM
Joined Sep 2013
823 Posts
Is this plane decent quality out of the box, and relatively easy to set up? Looking for something faster than my Delta Ray... Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:56 AM
Joined Sep 2013
823 Posts
Not much discussion about this plane, huh?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:00 AM
Crashing with Confidence
United States, MO, Maryland Heights
Joined Jan 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Not much discussion about this plane, huh?
Hey Herr. Yes, it's definitely slow here.
I like mine- but apparently not enough to repair since I crashed it a month ago. I'll probably get to it after the flying season is over. It is a fun little plane once balanced and trimmed out. For the most part, ignore the assembly instructions. It is out of order and the balance point is off.
If you have a spare receiver and lot of sky to cut up, its worth it.
dwillman5 is offline Find More Posts by dwillman5
Old Oct 12, 2014, 03:15 AM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
That battery is rated for more than twice the amp draw of the stock setup so you will be fine there. If you are using the stock prop you will get a decent performance boost going with something like an apc 6x5.
congtiaije is offline Find More Posts by congtiaije