HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:09 AM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Discussion
Combined PPM

After using the HFP since its release I have wondered but never asked if it can accept a combined PPM input from a receiver. Does it? It would be great to have only 1 servo wire going to the HFP instead of 8.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:45 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,778 Posts
I agree something like Futaba Sbus input would get you up to 18 channels in with only one wire. That seams to becoming a RC industry standard these days. HF is falling behind in firmware development in several areas.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:35 AM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I agree something like Futaba Sbus input would get you up to 18 channels in with only one wire. That seams to becoming a RC industry standard these days. HF is falling behind in firmware development in several areas.

It would be nice. I've been using CPPM on my Range Video fixed wing controller for a couple years now and it eliminates wire mess from the receiver and i'm assuming less possibility for EMI being only one wire.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:43 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
Agreed, some form of sbus or ppm support is needed!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
22 Posts
The APM guys seem to be able to do it on an existing channel, as far as I know it's just a software change to read the PPM serial stream. But I could be wrong. Either way, I vote for PPM support! Oh yeah, multiple PPM support for 2 satellites...

marc
zebulonfilms is offline Find More Posts by zebulonfilms
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,778 Posts
Yes my APM as been working with my FrSky receiver in the CPPM mode for a long time. With APM you just jumper ch 2 to 3 and plug CPPM into channel 1 and it all works perfect. A nice easy way to input lots of channels with only one wire.

HF has good code but they are way WAY slower than all the other brands in getting new features.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man