SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:04 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
I must say, I am not convinced the BL mod is 'it'... and before the nae-sayers heat up, let me tell why. I keep getting words like 'lack of tail authority with BL main mod' and such... I am not exactly sure whether the tail motor mod is included in BL. Mine will already whirly-gig quite well, thank you.

This from Battery University: Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery, an advantage that most other chemistries cannot claim. There is no memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life. (as i believed)

Currently with the given parameters, I cant vote BL main, therefore I must vote Battery upgrade
As I was probably the first to do the brushless conversion, I will try to answer your questions.
First, I installed the brushless last March. It has run flawless since then.
I ran first with 7.4 Volt battery, and although it was fine, I had issues with power loss after 4 to 5 minites.
I then changed to 11.1 Volt and my power loss issue disappeared.
Why did I do this mod. I am a power freak. I want more power than I can Use.
And no, I did not have any real issues with the stock tail motor. I did decide to go brushless on it after My second tail motor was getting weak. I was getting about 100+ flights per tail motor.
The new brushless I am using to direct drive the stock tail rotor works great. It has more than enough power. I might add, because I have a V400D02, I read that thread a lot as well. The guys on the V400 thread are using a similar brushless tail motor direct driving the Stock V400 tail rotor, which is almost identical to the MJX tail rotor. If it works on that application, it will definitely work on the MJX as the V400 spinning the main blades at 3000 rpm will have much more counter force than the MJX spinning barely 1500 RPM.
The beauty of the brushless motors are longer flight, more power, and they don't wear out easily.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Mar 2009
132 Posts
Stock Battery Junk

Well guys my F45 is now somewhat crashed but still flys. The stock battery died in mid flight after 5 minutes while I was fighting my way back because the wind picked up a little and she came down pretty hard. It broke the little piece under the horizontal stabilizer that the boom supports attach to. I never did the paper clip mod and guess what? A piece of that broke off on one side, but it still flew, cracked the tail fin a little, and lost one of the support holders and thats about it. Does anyone know if the tail unit as a whole from ebay $10.99 comes with those pieces. I can not tell in the pictures. Funny thing was I had just went back through the tail and straightened the tail motor shaft and cleared up the noise. Did a test hover and like a dumb ass knowing it was breezy headed for the field and crashed. However, I think I would have survived the breezyness if I had more power. The stock battery is junk. It has gotten continually worse on every flight(power & Flight Time) 12 cycles----???? or so So, I ordered the Turnigy Nano 2000mah. I also ordered a whole tail boom. But I think if you have a bad crash, you are better off to buy another heli and just use the first for parts. Also, it seemed like it had very little forward with that lite wind. Should I twist out a turn on the elevator link. Also, if I do a handheld run up with swashplate level then fly it comes back and right, so I have tilted mine forward and left a little to get a good hover but still be able to fly decent. Now, I have to hold back a hair on cyclic or it will ease on forward. Do y'all think this is right for better flight? I do not think the servos bind like this but when a gust comes which it will, would you not want more forward authority? I will soon order the BL Kit that was made for it(Plug&Play) and see how that goes? Oh it also seemed on the outermost turns 40yards to lose rudder and I almost really lost it . The Tx is below half on the bars but the batteries test ok. Am I losing signal that close with Tx showing 2 bars of power. All comments welcome. I read the F45/450 thread its cool and has a lot to offer. Good Job ArrowShooter and Bthirsk, and Old Oz, and well all of you I might try that build later after all the stock stuff is burnt. ScottHeli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:57 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,253 Posts
I received my F46 from Banggood today and everything looked good! I only had a quick hovering maiden in my basement an all seemed to work perfect. I snapped a couple of pics so you can see the size difference between the two. It was a bit more than I expected. This F46 will be more of a backyard flyer for me.
The F46 is a plastic frame but it seems very sturdy like its bigger brother! Interesting to note, it comes with a manual insert that shows how to upgrade and install a BL motor if you want.
Hopefully I'll get to fly more tomorrow if the winds die down!
I'll make future posts about the F46 in it's own thread but I thought some here may be interested.
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:52 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
F45 aliexpress no kit

Well I took the plunge an became a guinea pig with the aliexpress bl kit and after a few wt me and a fellow heli flyer friend figure it out and I am happy to report all works well and it flys terrific , the motor after 11 minutes flying was only touch warm not like the stock motor which would be burning my finger at that time here is a pic of what you actually get for the v2 kit in the second pic is what they advertised
RCMad39 is offline Find More Posts by RCMad39
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Second picture
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
132 Posts
BL Plug and Play

Hey I saw that and wondered why they showed two pictures. So you got yours huh, cool. How much more power have you noticed and have you tried the stock vs upgraded battery with it? Does it fly better than before to you or just longer and cooler? I crashed today due to stock battery died in flight after 5minutes, and took 2hrs 51minutes to charge back up.(ridiculous) I did order the Turnigy Nano 2000 mah though. Hobby King has quick shipping according to everyone here on the thread. I hope you enjoy it and post some pics
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:13 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I received my F46 from Banggood today and everything looked good! I only had a quick hovering maiden in my basement an all seemed to work perfect. I snapped a couple of pics so you can see the size difference between the two. It was a bit more than I expected. This F46 will be more of a backyard flyer for me.
The F46 is a plastic frame but it seems very sturdy like its bigger brother! Interesting to note, it comes with a manual insert that shows how to upgrade and install a BL motor if you want.
Hopefully I'll get to fly more tomorrow if the winds die down!
I'll make future posts about the F46 in it's own thread but I thought some here may be interested.
Cool beans! I'd love to see a thread started for the f46.That will probably be my next one.After reading reviews on the f45 and f46 I figure the smaller it is the better(cheaper) it can take a crash.Been wearing out my f47 lately
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
RCmad39 What is the board in your first picture thats wired to the motor, doesn't look like an esc. Am about to order this same kit, were the instructions clear as in the first add showing a normal esc? What is the lose wire sticking up off that board? If you get a chance can you post a picture with it all installed. Thanks, glad to hear it works well.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Last edited by tracker1955; Jan 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
RCmad39 What is the board in your first picture thats wired to the motor, doesn't look like an esc. Am about to order this same kit, were the instructions clear as in the first add showing a normal esc? What is the lose wire sticking up off that board? If you get a chance can you post a picture with it all installed. Thanks, glad to hear it works well.
Long story short the board is the esc which goes under the pub as in the two holes in the board and the black wire solders to the negative on the pcb and as for more power more noticeable and tail motor has no problem keeping up with it will post pics later as heading to work know
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
810 Posts
My take on stock battery and BL conversion

1. I was also doubtful about doing a BL conversion, given the cost, for which I could have got several brushed motors.
However, having done it, my thoughts are, why didn't I do this before? I would even recommend throwing out the brushed motor right away after getting this heli. No problems whatsoever with the tail using the stock motor. And the BL motor I'm using is a 4900 kV outrunner (faster than the EH200 used most frequently)! The worst crash I had, was with this setup, since the heli was behaving like a FBL with the extra power: now it goes so fast, forwards that I need to give some reverse cyclic to control the forward motion

2. The stock battery isn't all that bad. The problem is the stock charger, which soon unbalanced the two cells in it. I thought the battery was done for, so I even got a replacement 1800 mAH Li Po. However after balancing the battery with my Accucell 6 charger and then using that, I am getting in excess of 7 minutes with my BL heli in cold weather (5 C ambient). I set my low voltage alarm to go off at 3.2 V.

Best wishes to all!
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Scott, I found the '45 flies just fine without the tail boom supports, and the C.O.G. is actually more correct without it. (mine was a bit tail-heavy) I get more FF without the drag provided by the winglet. Of course I retain the vertical member as it protects the tail prop.
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
sir, cant seem to find the BL mod guide in here, the part that uses a separate battery for the main motor with esc and tail motor with pcb. Also, can you please provide me the right links as to where to buy the bl motor, esc, battery and pinion. Thanks.
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Banggood tried to bang me GOOD

Subject: Regard:order 237063 , 237058
To: rmbobisbell@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 9:35 PM

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your purchasing at banggood.

We've found out that your order is pending for you might not complete the transaction.

Would it be possible that you let us know if our system bugs cause it? We will be appreciated if you can send us a screenshot of the error message.

Once again,thank you very much for your support to banggood.

Your early reply will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Banggood Team

(my reply)
Ok, first order was 'waiting for response' for MANY min... over 1/2 hour. I closed order window (as it obviously wasnt working) and re-ordered. When I went to my bank site, it showed 3 each 1 dollar charges from banggood. I phoned my bank, inquired as to what the 3 unauthorized charges were. My bank said 'bangood is testing your account, the charges will be refunded in a week or more'. I authorized no such 'test charge' and instructed my bank to HALT PAYMENT. When I went back to banggood site, it showed 2 seperate orders. I emailed you, asking to remove duplicate order, with no answer.
I understand part of error may be my internet connection. HOWEVER... my internet connection had NOTHING to do with the 3x1 dollar 'test charge'.
Please to understand, I am old and a pensioner. I wish to do business with banggood, as you have low prices and good reviews on the R/C forum I am a member of. I cannot afford any sort of hidden/unauthorized charges. Even 1 dollar is too much.
Please assure me that your company WILL NOT charge me any additional/hidden charges...

their reply...
Thank you very much for your custom with Banggood.com. Please accept our apology for we have cancelled your order(#237063). We are so sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and hope for your kind understanding.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact our customer service cservice@banggood.com.

Kindest regards,

Banggood Team

Interestingly enough there was not one word about the unauthorized 'test my account' charges. I wont do business with ANY outfit that cannot be on amazon.com, as their business practices dont equal the standards I mush have. And T-mart/techNtoys happily completed my order, yea 5 bucks more(and 3 batteries less) HOWEVER they didnt try to root me... and the bits ordered are already in america... as it should be. Perhaps you aussies/europeans are treated better by the lot at banggood, I got nothing but indigestion from them.
Banggood wont bang me good
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
and my bits will be here in days NOT WEEKS, and it was free shipping too. JUST SAY NO TO BANGGOOD
'and they wondered why i went with amazon.com' can you say BUYER PROTECTION
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:07 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
and my bits will be here in days NOT WEEKS, and it was free shipping too. JUST SAY NO TO BANGGOOD
'and they wondered why i went with amazon.com' can you say BUYER PROTECTION
I don't deal with Banggood and I never will I always buy mine with either directly from the supplier online shop or from AliExpress or eBay.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 23, 2013 at 05:17 AM.