Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
A bit of fun yesterday in the garden :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTyy_gFyQtc
can you remove and swap batteries from the cradle between flights without taking off the frank lachmund canopy? thx
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I really think they should have put more led's on this thing so you can have orientation in the dark. I can see the msr better at night. Just two leds to light up the white blades would work.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:04 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micros View Post
I'm in Germany at the moment where your video is blocked because it "may" contain music that hasn't been granted rights by GEMA. Shame :-(
Take the music out. We want to watch the video not to listen to the music
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
My first mQX flight video:

Taking the mQX for a spin (2 min 25 sec)
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
can you remove and swap batteries from the cradle between flights without taking off the frank lachmund canopy? thx
Yes, without any problems. It's just when I attach my little keychain cam that I need to add a little piece of foam to put some more distance between the cam and the battery so it does not film a little part of the canopy.
moombe is online now Find More Posts by moombe
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Take the music out. We want to watch the video not to listen to the music
Yes sir ! :-)
Just edited in youtube so to use one of their tunes. The edit should be finished in a few minutes.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Walkera, etc

Just for giggles, I clicked on the Ladybug copy for $45 WITH the transmitter. People were pretty happy with it, especially for the price. I then looked down at what the company had and there was a new Walkera brushless quad for $199. It sounded pretty nice too, but it required a Devo 7, 8 or 10 !! There was all kinds of info you could get if the transmitter had the capability of receiving it.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Moombe & TomQ,

Nice flying, and nice videos. What do you guys use to edit your video?

Thanks
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
Moombe & TomQ,

Thanks
There are so many options these days it's not really a good question. If you shoot with a phone for example, you might not edit at all. Usually when I use my phone (which shoots pretty nice HD) I will just post the raw video to Youtube, because it's really easy, then use Youtube's editor if anything needs to be done. When I shoot with my video cameras, I usually import it into Adobe Premiere and do "real" editing. It is a pretty darn complicated subject though, and I actually had to buy a new computer to edit HD video, because the old one just wasn't fast enough - it would take many hours to render the final edit of a 3-minute HD video. New machine takes about 45 minutes to render a 15-minute HD video. So, if you're serious about video editing, take the time to research the subject yourself - it's pretty deep.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Moombe & TomQ,

Thanks
On a Windows PC: if you want something fairly simple that works OK with the sort of 720p you get out of an 808 keyfob camera (and lots more). Videopad is cheap. It's also free if you don't want to export formats other than WMV or AVI, which as AVI is just a container for pretty much any compression format you like, is just fine.

When you get it, have fun playing with all the transition types between scenes: dissolve, shatter, wipe, reveal, split, fan, spinning, sliding, chopping up, curl, zoom etc. and then never, ever, use them again.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Moombe & TomQ,
Thanks
I'm using Adobe Premiere CS5 under Win 7. Definitely an overkill for what I currently do with it, but I don't despair I'll keep on learning how to better use it.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm just curious what folks use. I've tried several "free" programs with mixed results. I want something a bit better.
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
I'm fond of Pinnacle Studio, which might be version 15 or higher now. I started with v8 which was buggy and crashed more often than it worked. It's far more refined now and I feel it's simpler than After Effects or Premiere, but that's a biased opinion.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm just curious what folks use. I've tried several "free" programs with mixed results. I want something a bit better.
Here's the thing though... you think you want "more" in a video editor, but really, what you want is LESS. Most of the time, all you are doing is trimming and splicing clips - adding titles, transitions, and effects is a super small part of what you actually do - but that is what the editor companies try to sell you. It's like advertising that a brand new car has a great stereo, and not saying anything about the engine. Get the demos and play around - for most of what I do, Windows Movie Maker is probably the best editor I've ever used, because its interface for "trimming and splicing" is super quick. Adobe Premiere is also fairly good at that part, but it's bloated, so the performance suffers on your most common task - so it can show you pretty previews of your transitions you'll never use. So I don't know... I'm pretty irritated at the state of video editor software right now, and I think developers are going in the wrong direction - adding features instead of making the most common tasks fast and fun. (Yes, software needs to be fun).
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,043 Posts
What's wrong with the free MS Movie Maker. Less is better
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis