HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:58 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
There was a guy no too long ago selling his in the jet classifieds...$1200.00

Yes $1200...really for a freakin foamy...no way.
I think I saw that a while back. If I remember correctly that is the guy that put in an 8s system with a different motor.
$1200 is almost ridicules. I have no doubt that he paid allot for the upgrades (more than it was worth) but am surprised that he expects to get that much for it on RCGroups.

There are many good looking kits coming out these days. But I think I will save my money and in time invest into a true turbine aircraft.
Vlodek9 is online now Find More Posts by Vlodek9
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:30 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2009
650 Posts
Need a little information if possible!

The Bowl at Higley & Guadalupe:
(1) Does anyone know the grass watering & grass cutting schedule down in the bowl?
(2) What are the best times to fly there during the Fall to work around any after school sports or other activities that might be going on?

I know some of you fly there often and might have some insight as to the best times to fly down in the bowl! Thank you very much for any information you can share on this subject!

Rob T.
twwd is offline Find More Posts by twwd
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:27 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,333 Posts
Rob,

Not sure of the current watering schedule. But I know guys fly there mostly from the top of the hill every weekday morning. On weekends it's usually full of kids playing soccer or football, or guys playing cricket, so those are usually out. In fact, I drove by yesterday about Noon and the parking lot was full.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:42 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2009
650 Posts
Thanks for the reply Pat! I appreciate the information.

Most of my flying will be during the week, and most likely in the AM. I think I will need to practice up on my landings before I take on the hill!

Thanks again!

Rob T.
twwd is offline Find More Posts by twwd
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,805 Posts
Mr. T
We are entering the fall watering schedule (which is about as short as the Alaska spring/fall) so it will be a hit and miss now. For me, this is usually on a 13-15 day schedule. This will probably have about a 30 day break and then nothing until early December and then probably dry until late February. Then the spring rotation and by early May expect this about every 2 weeks again.

Ricky Dee
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman