SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,598 Posts
I have been our for 2 days worth of flying my extra and I cant get the smile off my face, this really is my go to plane when everything else is getting me down.
I even popped a cam on the underside for a laugh, I'll post a video later today......just a shame my flying field is a little long on the grass so even with larger wheels and no covers I still get a flip at the end lol.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay Newb View Post
As in, you didn't over correct for a WAY TOO LOW to be trying knife-edge, flop inverted and then recover by pulling a split-s into the turf "over control"... ?

Sorry, limited ELEVATOR. Duh. I don't scrimp on the aileron. Too much fun!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
So I got a new fuselage and wings for my battered old Extra. Should be like new in a little bit. Seems this is always my go to plane.
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxz1998 View Post
So I got a new fuselage and wings for my battered old Extra. Should be like new in a little bit. Seems this is always my go to plane.
I should probably break down and spend the $39 for a new fuse as well. Trying to fly it pretty and vertical is taking a lot of rudder to keep it straight... well that and it snapped out of a split-s.
AJay Newb is offline Find More Posts by AJay Newb
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Do you fly at the E.RC.S.,it's the field right outside EDMONTON.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
Nope. I live 9 hours north of Edmonton. We have 14 inches of snow here now. Kind of puts a damper on my flying...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:26 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Nope. I live 9 hours north of Edmonton. We have 14 inches of snow here now. Kind of puts a damper on my flying...
Been there, nice town. You just need to get some belly landers and a couple sets of Dubro skis. I fly all winter in the Edmonton area with my PZ P-51, PZ Stinson on Skis, PZ SE5a on skis and now my PZ Radian Pro and Wild Hawk Belly landing powered gliders! That, and micros off the hard packed snow on the street makes for a nice fun, and full, RC winter.

(Transmitter mit is a MUST though, too bloodly cold without it.)

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
I was thinking of adding skis to my SE5A. Think I will. I usually fly my F4F Wilcat in winter and also my Super Cub on skis. Maybe someone should try skis on the Extra, now there would be a challenge!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
I was thinking of adding skis to my SE5A. Think I will. I usually fly my F4F Wilcat in winter and also my Super Cub on skis. Maybe someone should try skis on the Extra, now there would be a challenge!
Seen a few on floats, so skis would probably work well.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:56 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
I want them to come out with a full fuse Edge, with 3d-capable wing loading, control surfaces, and..... maybe a blue and white color scheme.

Charles
Well, it's a year later and it looks like it really exists now. They did it. OK it's a bit smaller size, and E-Flite rather than Parkzone,.... and I suppose it's green and purple on white rather than blue and white.... (Actually I like the scheme.) But they did make a full-fuse 3D Edge foamy bnf.

Charles
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
Well, it's a year later and it looks like it really exists now. They did it. OK it's a bit smaller size, and E-Flite rather than Parkzone,.... and I suppose it's green and purple on white rather than blue and white.... (Actually I like the scheme.) But they did make a full-fuse 3D Edge foamy bnf.

Charles
And it's a really great parkflyer. Deserves some discussion here on this thread. Surprised no one seems to be mentioning it. Small size, but flies more like a balsa 3d plane. I'm not a 3d flyer, but looks like it will do all the moves and makes a great aerobatic plane. I've always wanted something about this size and it finally arrived. There is a very active thread in micro forum, but it does not fly like a micro, probably would fit this thread better.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
A bad battery and a bad a tip stall on landing with an ugly somersault. The spar cracked and the wing attachment needs glue. Strong!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
LHS says they will have the new Edge QQ in this week. I am loving that little micro SBach 3D, but to be honest, am missing flying my bigger PZ Extra 300 and PA Extra 260's. They have more presence in the air, and are more impressive to watch. As much as I can do everything with the micro that I can with these, it's somehow MORE FUN to me to do it with the bigger planes.

Guess that's what drives people to 50 and 90 inch planes, etc. ... I know where I am heading! (LOL) Only thing is, you don't fly THOSE in the park. (Or in the case of the little micro SBach and Beast, on the street in front of my house!)

Has anyone put the Extra 300 on skis? LOVE to see some video of that.

Marlin
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:36 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,491 Posts
Sorry no skis but I've just had a couple of great flights in 15kt winds. I don't think anything smaller (AS3X or not) would have been any better...

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
I keep forgetting MOST of the wold has not had snow since before Halloween! We had an early arrival here, kinda wrecked the end of the fall flying season.

Oh well, will have to wait till spring ...