Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:19 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Thanks

That worked well except I used CH1 except for THR.
I think THR is the switch, not the throttle channel.

Owen
In the context of v>ofs THR should be the throttle stick, since >ofs implies an analog input.
Works that way in eePe
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:33 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
In the context of v>ofs THR should be the throttle stick, since >ofs implies an analog input.
Works that way in eePe

OK, that makes sense. However, I think I still prefer using CH1. I use the THR switch as a throttle safety on all my planes. This way the throttle only turns on the as3x if the throttle is enabled, i.e the trottle is actually doing something when the stick is moved.

Thanks again!

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:38 PM
Joined Dec 2002
16,751 Posts
Using ch1 like that would have advantages.

Understanding the differences in the two methods (source versus channel) and the different results you can get are part of the ":toolbox" you can use while programming.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:03 AM
Joined Jul 2014
75 Posts
just for reference been a few days.
need help i flashed the latest er9x and installed MLP4DSM. When bindinding the MLP4DSM flashed and my spektrum reciever starts flashing different as it normally would during binding. then the light shuts off on the reciever and i get nothing as if there is no radio. i should get a solid light. please help. ive tried several things. it has 4k7 resistor and the diode. the only thing that i dont get is which way to put the diode in. i have stripe closest to the radio. thats the only way i get any reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
First check - have you changed the protocol to DSM (from PPM), set the sub-protocol to LP4/LP5, and are using the trainer switch at power on to enter binding mode?

Mike.
yes yes and yes done all of the above. it seems not to stay in bind mode long enough. its has that light on the module. the reciever starts to bind as in led changes speed and goes out but wont go solid like the radio is off
jh1985 is online now Find More Posts by jh1985
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:18 AM
Joined Dec 2002
16,751 Posts
Stripe towards the radio is the correct direction.

Can you post a picture of your wiring?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:35 AM
United States, TX, McAllen
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
I just bought and modded a 9x TX with the usbasp inside and flashed multiple times to opentx and even er9x and i'm having the weirdest problem. The tx seems to work ok until its time to unplug the usb cable from it and reboot. Once I do this then either I have problems with the throttle cut and aileron DR switch or the throttle cut switch triggers the menu button on position one and the menu button no longer works. If i flip the throttle cut switch to position 1 then the menu button works again. Has anyone ever seen something like this?

If i plug in the usb cord and power on the tx the throttle cut switch and menu button fucntion properly.

Also if i boot the radio up without the usb plugged in with the thr cut switch back it will never fully boot. If i flip the switch forward it will boot and back again the screen will go blank. The menu button will also reboot the radio if pressed with thr cut switch is forward occasionally.
ascalise is offline Find More Posts by ascalise
Last edited by ascalise; Sep 27, 2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: add info
Old Sep 27, 2014, 09:11 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,469 Posts
Try disconnecting the programmer from The radio. I know it is convinient but not the best idea as some programmers do cause problems.. I bet that it is what's happening..
Better to just place a connector somewhere in the radio and keep the programmer out.
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:14 AM
United States, TX, McAllen
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
Yeah i figured this out. I pulled the usbasp from the inside of the radio along with the cuo.o.l little micro usb board i installed and cut a hole for a 6 pin header and now all is fine. Thanks!
ascalise is offline Find More Posts by ascalise
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:44 PM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
At present the throttle warning is fixed at the bottom. My "todo" list does have a request to allow more options. Mike.

Gday Mike. Im still waiting on parts for my RC buggy but have been fooling around with ER9X and testing it on the motor and servo, etc.
It started me thinking that it would be very handy if we could set the 'Throttle Warning' at ANY chosen stick position.

I was going to have 50% of the of the throttle sticks range for FORWARD direction, and 50% of the throttle sticks range for REVERSE.
But i realize that most of the time the RC cars are traveling forward, and the reverse is not so important.
So some RC drivers may want to use only 25% of the throttle sticks range for Reverse,
and use the other 75% of the throttle sticks range for Forward acceleration of the car.
This appeals to me and i hope there's a way of including this in the future

Many may want the stick range to be 50% for reverse and 50% for forward,
so its easy to tell where 0% throttle is.
But im thinking a nice spread out throttle curve will be beneficial to me.
Mostly i use reverse for when i've crashed into something.
This happens more often than i'd like, but i'm not sure anyone can help me with that
LaserBeam is online now Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,469 Posts
One of the reasons the throttle is zero at middle stick is that the stick can be spring loaded. As far as I know there aren't any sticks where the middle point can be moved? You might be able to achieve the same with a curve and just have 25% backwards throttle when the stick is fully back.
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
897 Posts
Split Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
...throttle is zero at middle stick so stick can be spring loaded ... achieve the same with a curve and just have 25% backwards throttle when stick is fully back.

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you, jhsa, you are always helping me.
Ive swapped-out the internals of several Tx's for Mode1/Mode2 purposes, and know what you mean about the spring.
I hoped ER9X would let me move throttle-off position to anywhere in the stick range. I'll adjust the curve more as you suggest.
Cheers.
LaserBeam is online now Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Last edited by LaserBeam; Yesterday at 11:48 PM. Reason: My idea was daft, so i deleted the comment :)
Old Today, 12:09 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserBeam View Post

But i realize that most of the time the RC cars are traveling forward, and the reverse is not so important.
So some RC drivers may want to use only 25% of the throttle sticks range for Reverse,
and use the other 75% of the throttle sticks range for Forward acceleration of the car.
This appeals to me and i hope there's a way of including this in the future

Many may want the stick range to be 50% for reverse and 50% for forward,
so its easy to tell where 0% throttle is.
But im thinking a nice spread out throttle curve will be beneficial to me.
Mostly i use reverse for when i've crashed into something.
This happens more often than i'd like, but i'm not sure anyone can help me with that
Most of us use reverse to make braking work as well.
mpjf01 is online now Find More Posts by mpjf01