Joined Jan 2014
214 Posts
:Reserved:
Joexer is online now Find More Posts by Joexer
Old Dec 09, 2015, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by RoganJosh_NI
Joined Dec 2014
101 Posts
I look forward to hearing how the first flight went - a video would be awesome ;-)
RoganJosh_NI is offline Find More Posts by RoganJosh_NI
Old Dec 09, 2015, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by Joexer
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2014
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoganJosh_NI View Post
I look forward to hearing how the first flight went - a video would be awesome ;-)
Planning to fly in a few minutes here, just waiting for my cameraman to finish up with work. So far it seems nice, I powered it up last night and it has auto-leveling. But the elevator was put together sloppily and has very little throw. The control thing (i forget what its called, horn?) was broken on the bottom side so it was loose.I changed that already with a little bit of tape. Im excited. Going out now.
Old Dec 09, 2015, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2014
214 Posts
That was one of the hardest things i've done in my life. It was rough and yes, i did land on that roof, but upside right so I got to take off from it. It is probably just me, or the wind up higher (since i live in suburbia) but it sure was shaky. Oh and sorry for the junk camera resolution on this one. I did it from my Galaxy S6 you would think would have a better camera, it said 1080p when recording but switched on the upload. Eh, whatever. Ill get a better video later. But the auto stabilization is kinda weird. I know i suck but this is really my first plane. Boy is it fast when you push it too. Elevator authority is still junk but i made due with rudder turns instead of "bank and yank". Ill update you later tonight.

Wltoys V939 Gyro Edition First Flight (0 min 24 sec)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by RoganJosh_NI
Joined Dec 2014
101 Posts
Congrats on your maiden - looks like it flies ok , but if it's anything like my F949 - it's a bit tricky to find the CG. Your camera is fine - but hold it sideways next time for that full-screen magic ;-)
Health to fly!
RoganJosh_NI is offline Find More Posts by RoganJosh_NI
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:22 AM
Joined Jan 2014
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoganJosh_NI View Post
Congrats on your maiden - looks like it flies ok , but if it's anything like my F949 - it's a bit tricky to find the CG. Your camera is fine - but hold it sideways next time for that full-screen magic ;-)
Health to fly!
Thanks!