HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,121 Posts
Programming Help

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of setting up a Pulsar 2000 with a JR8103 radio and need some help. This is my first electric so I am in need of some help in how to set up the motor control. I have the plane programmed in so that all of the control surfaces are working, ie ailerons, flap and elevator. I would like to have the motor control set up on the trainer/retract switch for either on full throttle or all off. My question is, what is the best whole to plug in the speed control into in the receiver and how to go about programming the switch to turn it on and off? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:16 AM
Castle Tech
Olathe, KS
Joined Aug 2003
4,889 Posts
throttle is channel 3...dont know how to set up the switch though...never tried it...prolly not a great idea either considering if youre coming in too low or too far away and just need a blip of low throttle/power, the full throttle is gonna make things worse...always better to have more control over the craft than less...would be like only having a on/off switch on your car...pedal to the floor or idle...and with no brakes
Joe Ford is offline Find More Posts by Joe Ford
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:59 AM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
I have a Sky Sergio (the Pulsars smaller brother) and I have the throttle set up on a on/off switch. On my radio (Eclipse 7) its the only way I can use a throttle when programing in GLIDE mode. You can "blip" the throttle with no ill effects, I do it all the time. I have been told by alot of e-sailplane people that on an e-sailplane, you only use the motor to get up to hight, then turn it off, and when your climbing the motor is set to 100% anyway. If you are flying a non glider type plane you need throttle control, so an on/off switch wouldnt work with those planes. That would explane why I can use the throttle stick when in ACRO mode, and why the throttle transfers to a on/off switch in GLIDE mode. A nice thing about using the switch is that I can set the radio so that when the switch is on the elevator will go to -5% (or what ever I set it at) so when I turn the throttle on the plane dosnt pitch up and stall, when I turn the throttle switch off the elevator returns to its normal trim. pmccleave, I dont know anything about programing JR radios, but if its a computer radio I am sure you can set it to use a switch. Post this question in the "radio" fourm and I bet you will get the answer your looking for quick. ...R...
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:10 AM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Pat,
Rick Eckel did a write up on this a while back on RCSE...Do a search at the archives and it should be there.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver