http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...15mm_PNF_.html
Boofhead is offline Find More Posts by Boofhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:50 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
518 Posts
I just bought one. Buddy code in RCGroups HK vendor forum

basically same as HK Spirit , but cheaper & cooling vents.
Any other differences ?
Spirit Mini Sport Glider Review (5 min 44 sec)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...474&aff=110143

HK Spirit
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:28 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
518 Posts
My Super Kinetic arrived 2 days ago.
Issues: all minor
The stickers cant be removed. They are VERY VERY thin and just rip & break , I even tried using a Film iro to try & heat the adhesive. Nop. There lots of separate stickers all over it. I wanted to paint the wing, cant with all those stickers

The esc: the banana plugs motor-esc arnt completely insulated, there is a (small) chance they could touch & short out.
My esc was faulty anyway: no biggie. I dont trust OEM escs, so will use a HK SS 25A

Prop: Its not balanced, not too bad though. Im not sure how to balance a folding spinner prop combo.

Its not a kinetic btw, its actually a HK Spirit (Freewing ?)

Otherwise, it'll be the easiest build of any 'kit' Ive bought. Its 90% assembled. Just push on the wings and clip on the elevator.
Im hoping to maiden it this weekend, if the wind dies down a bit
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:33 PM
Australia, NSW, Hornsby
Joined Jul 2005
847 Posts
Please give us an update once you've had it in the air.
I love my original Kinetic but it's getting a little old & tired.
I need to replace it with something similar.
Thanks.

Al
_AL_ is offline Find More Posts by _AL_
Old Aug 31, 2013, 02:45 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AL_ View Post
Please give us an update once you've had it in the air.
I love my original Kinetic but it's getting a little old & tired.
I need to replace it with something similar.
Thanks.

Al
Check the HK spirit youtube review above. He has both this & the original Kinetic.

The motor on my new Kenetic is faulty (not the esc after all), so It wont be flyin for a few weeks yet. Ive ordered another motor from HK,
surprisingly one of the more expensive HK motors at $14 :-)
Spare fuselage & wing also available as spare parts if needed, but the freight cost on the fuselage makes it hardly worth buying as a spare.
I may just but another complete plane for spares, probhably should have done that rather than buying the replacement motor

Edit
Buddy code for replacement motor, save $3 . May be of use to someone. I should have checked for buddy codes 1st
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...2-59183205F318
Last edited by 1101; Sep 02, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 08:35 PM
That will simply buff out
Australia, NSW, Kareela
Joined Jul 2001
307 Posts
Flew mine yesterday - 850mAh 3S packs and Orange 6 channel receiver

Needed quite a bit of down trim on the elevator, and still a little bit tail heavy but has a reasonable turn of speed on WoT and climbs and glides well

2 Carbon tubes through the main wing so it should be pretty strong and no problems yet with high speed turns,loops and passes

Did not have the original but nice small plane for the park
Boofhead is offline Find More Posts by Boofhead
Old Sep 06, 2013, 04:22 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Super Kinetic 815

The model had its maiden flight yesterday. 4 channel receiver, 800mah lipo.
I had to add lead to the nose for the correct CG. Fitted an extension for a battery alarm in the nose through the space under the wing, ( I felt the need for the alarm due to the small battery size). Powered up and let fly, had to hold some down elevator to stop the model looping, need to put some down thrust in. Climbed vertically, then powered off and was very happy with the glide angle, flies fast and can be out of sight easily. (to my old eyes). It was taken high for a stall test, up elevator applied slowly, sudden left wing drop and a fair amount of height lost, did this twice with the same result. Time for some aerobatics, very agile, bank & yank astounding. Power off dive and low level pass, it whistles! Landing, needs a long landing area, it's so clean. Eventually landed the model flying quite slowly.
Summary: great fun plane, flight time was about 12 minutes with the alarm set at 3.6volts.
Short video is at
HK Super Kinetic 815 Sept 5, 2013 (1 min 23 sec)
AndrewSenior is offline Find More Posts by AndrewSenior
Old Sep 08, 2013, 05:38 AM
Crashing in style.
Joined Jun 2012
122 Posts
Maiden mine yesterday as well, flew very nice, tracked well and had plenty of power. However the prop was badly unbalanced. Not been able to find any data for what size a prop it is, does anyone know? I'm thinking of getting something of higher quality, these props that come with the plane are really brittle plastic. Any ideas of what I could use as a better replacement?

REALLY like the plane!
Bazed is online now Find More Posts by Bazed
Old Sep 08, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Prop size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazed View Post
Maiden mine yesterday as well, flew very nice, tracked well and had plenty of power. However the prop was badly unbalanced. Not been able to find any data for what size a prop it is, does anyone know? I'm thinking of getting something of higher quality, these props that come with the plane are really brittle plastic. Any ideas of what I could use as a better replacement?

REALLY like the plane!
Hi, I understand the prop is an 8 x 6
Andy
AndrewSenior is offline Find More Posts by AndrewSenior
Old Sep 08, 2013, 06:39 AM
Learning to fly.......FAST!!
Australia, VIC, Bentleigh East
Joined Mar 2013
782 Posts
How is everyone getting their CG right?
I couldn't get my plane to balance at the right CG (205mm from nose tip or 32mm from LE) unless I put 850mah battery in the front and not the battery compartment.
In the battery compartment it was way tail heavy but looking at some peoples maidens on YouTube it doesn't seem to be a problem. Is it supposed to be flown tail heavy?
I much prefer to put my battery in the front because it fits perfectly snug without Velcro.
So, to get correct CG I'll have to add lead weight to the tail.
With the battery in the battery compartment CG becomes 47mm from LE to be correctly balanced. But, then again is this plane supposed to be tail heavy?
RCWASP is offline Find More Posts by RCWASP
Old Sep 08, 2013, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSenior View Post
The model had its maiden flight yesterday. 4 channel receiver, 800mah lipo.
I had to add lead to the nose for the correct CG. Fitted an extension for a battery alarm in the nose through the space under the wing, ( I felt the need for the alarm due to the small battery size). Powered up and let fly, had to hold some down elevator to stop the model looping, need to put some down thrust in.
You don't need lead, you don't need a battery alarm.. Wing drops because you are over throwing the ailerons in bank. Dial in slight rudder with aileron turn aileron throws way down to Merlin settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWASP View Post
How is everyone getting their CG right?
I couldn't get my plane to balance at the right CG (205mm from nose tip or 32mm from LE) unless I put 850mah battery in the front and not the battery compartment.
In the battery compartment it was way tail heavy but looking at some peoples maidens on YouTube it doesn't seem to be a problem. Is it supposed to be flown tail heavy?
I much prefer to put my battery in the front because it fits perfectly snug without Velcro.
So, to get correct CG I'll have to add lead weight to the tail.
With the battery in the battery compartment CG becomes 47mm from LE to be correctly balanced. But, then again is this plane supposed to be tail heavy?
Your CG is way off.. Read manual again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazed View Post
these props that come with the plane are really brittle plastic. Any ideas of what I could use as a better replacement?

REALLY like the plane!
Graupner CAM 8x5, I can fly at under 50% throttle, good thrust.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Last edited by Thermal Hobby; Sep 08, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 07:19 AM
Learning to fly.......FAST!!
Australia, VIC, Bentleigh East
Joined Mar 2013
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby View Post

Your CG is way off.. Read manual again.
The manual says CG is 205mm from the nose tip. That's about 32mm from LE. With the battery in the battery compartment the plane is too tail heavy. Placed in the front compartment it balances correctly to the manuals CG spec.
So, what is correct? Front or back or should we just ignore this altogether and fly tail heavy?
RCWASP is offline Find More Posts by RCWASP
Last edited by RCWASP; Sep 08, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
^ cg should be 40-50mm from LE of wing BACK. You never measure cg from tip of the nose.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Sep 08, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1 Posts
Scott's Super Kinetic 815 Glider HK (5 min 39 sec)
Tony G. is offline Find More Posts by Tony G.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 10:44 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,155 Posts
unfortunately all too often hobbyking planes measure their center of gravity from the nose not the leading edge of the wing.
its not a good way to do it.
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership