HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:07 AM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Discussion
Graupner shaft couplers

I was thinking about getting a couple of these unit for my Lobster boats.
I`m using the
Graupner speed 600 wich has a 4mm motor shaft. The Prop shaft is 1/8". Will this item work? The Graupner product information and product pictures are vague, so I`m not sure. They don`t tell you much. Do I get the 3 couplers as shown in some of the pics, or just one? Some of their other coupling products look nice but I`m just not sure of their exact application. Is there a good source for
these graupner items in Canada or the US? I went to Graupner USA and the phone number was not in service. Thanks
Willj is offline Find More Posts by Willj
Last edited by Willj; Apr 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:38 AM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,114 Posts
Harbor Models carry Kardan Style Motor Couplers. You can mix & match shafts inputs.

woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:14 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,128 Posts
willj

Graupner USA is closing. GRAUPNER is discontinuing most ALL, there model boats, and parts!! So I would not set up a boat with a part you cannot replace, if it fails. Also, if you do want something, get on the WEB, and find it now. The same goes for ROBBE parts.
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:36 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Thanks woodybob, I`ll check them out. That is a real shame about Graupner and Robbe. I guess they`re just not making the money. bummer
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:04 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Just spoke with the gent at Harbor. Nice guy. He`s sending my couplers out tomorrow. Fantastic!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:17 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,552 Posts
Don't fret. Instead, go to https://sdp-si.com/eStore/ , click on Universal joints, and look at "Plastic" and "Telescoping". You'll find parts that are the equivalent of Graupner and Robbe, all day long.
Click on "metric" for mm sizes. I'm sure you can mix them up, or ream out one size to another.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,779 Posts
M.A.C.K. Products carries metric to inch universals in both single joint and double joint.

http://www.mackproductsrc.com/double_univ_.htm
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:35 AM
victoria, bc
Joined Oct 2003
772 Posts
Willj - I see you're in Vancouver - try Burnaby Hobbies - good selection of both Robbe & Graupner parts unless the rest of us buy up his stock!
mike_victoriaBC is offline Find More Posts by mike_victoriaBC
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:09 AM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Tha site is amazing patmat. I just spent about a half hour in there and I`m exhausted. There is so much to look at. Holy Couplers!

Tried burnaby. They don`t have what I need but I go there all the time. They have a great selection of hobby product and supplies.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 01:10 PM
Kamloops BC Can.
Joined Jan 2008
621 Posts
I prefer the double U joint couplers as they allow for any slight misalignment that may occur during building or modifying. There great.
Olscuzbut is offline Find More Posts by Olscuzbut
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:04 PM
Guard-Cadet
Canada, NS, Sydney
Joined Jul 2009
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350 View Post
Don't fret. Instead, go to https://sdp-si.com/eStore/ , click on Universal joints, and look at "Plastic" and "Telescoping". You'll find parts that are the equivalent of Graupner and Robbe, all day long.
Click on "metric" for mm sizes. I'm sure you can mix them up, or ream out one size to another.
OK,

I am Canadian.

SDP-SI has absolutely amazing selection, but their shipping is horrible and very expensive. They send everything commercial UPS, so you get dinged brokerage fees at the border, my last order of gears was 33 bucks after taxes, and then another 55 in shipping and brokerage. This is after I specifically asked then to ship my parts USPS.

So, unless you can convince them to ship it USPS, or your really stuck, id try and avoid them.

Just my two cents.
Cadmunkey is online now Find More Posts by Cadmunkey
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 PM
USA, NJ, Toms River
Joined Sep 2010
35 Posts
Ships n' Things, in Manville, NJ sells the Raboesch version of that coupling
Muddyduck is offline Find More Posts by Muddyduck
Old May 08, 2013, 01:04 AM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Thanks again woodybob. The Kardan tyle couplers are excellent. Solid construction and a nice weight to them. The drive on both my Lobster boats run alot smoother and much quieter.
These couplers will last a lifetime. No need to worry about this crucial part any longer. Problem
solved. Woo Hoo!!
Old May 08, 2013, 09:04 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,114 Posts
Cool...
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob