SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I have those on my 70. Work fine. Just a lot slower. 2 planes I have the 1258tg/ds610 on the rudder/elevator only. And check out the Align ds610 on Ebay. $55 each, same servo.
Thanks for the heads up about the DS610, I forgot about that.

Any idea which servo arms to buy for the DS610 if I get it? It looks like none of the included arms are long enough.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post

Any idea which servo arms to buy for the DS610 if I get it? It looks like none of the included arms are long enough.
Futaba spline arms (if they are the same as Savox), made by Spot-on or Secraft, sold by AztechAeromodel...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:

If you not in an overnight hurry... I got these...(you can cut them down as needed if you like, they are long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CNC-Alum...item3cb85f9bf1

and this. plenty long, I think I use about 2.5" width.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Purple-CNC-A...item3cbb63c473
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Ok so I drive around with an Edge in the back of my CR-V!! (and a 38" epp slick and a pair of FB 51 wings I think someone wants.

Looks like I had to go LHS on the elevator. Also got some of those nice allen screws theKM posted.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:26 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Sexy arms!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Guys, I'm thinking about getting some used Hitec 985mg servos instead of waiting another few weeks/month to save up for some new Savox 1258tg.... any opinions/advice out there?
I'm really itching to get plane finished and flying! I should have my 5320 motor from Ken by next week, and I'm ordering a ZTW 120a HV ESC.

Oh, for perspective, on my flying style for the servos, I do more high energy flying such as tumbles, spins, etc, and some basic harrier flying, but no slow rollers or super low hovers yet.

Thanks in advance!

-Gary
Gary, let me jnow how you like that esc man. Ive been wanting to try one and may in this spare 50 cc slick i have when i get finished repairing it. Been thinking about swapping over to those escs.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Gary, let me jnow how you like that esc man. Ive been wanting to try one and may in this spare 50 cc slick i have when i get finished repairing it. Been thinking about swapping over to those escs.
I will! If it works anything like their 60a or 70a (which I have) it'll be a pain in the butt to program without the card, but will work perfectly!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:33 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,100 Posts
Quote:
This guy didn't like his, but he was running a big prop....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Sexy arms!
ahhh purple...he color codes them by spline...purple, gold, silver, blue.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
I will! If it works anything like their 60a or 70a (which I have) it'll be a pain in the butt to program without the card, but will work perfectly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
This guy didn't like his, but he was running a big prop....

SteveT
Steve, your experiences with your Ice 2 HV160 have me scared. I was going to put one of those in the 89" Slick I'm repairing. I currently have an 87" SHP that is flying on an HV110, but have another ice 2 HV160 coming back from Castle someday that was a warranty update and was planning on sticking that in the 87" SHP. But now I'm scared of them.
I suppose I could find another HV110, but really with the Motrolfly 50cc sized motor coming out sometime soonish I've been wanting to get a 120 amp or more ESC to plan for that. I'm sure it will pull more watts than the Hacker A60-18L I have now.
I saw that other guy didn't like his with the 25" prop, wonder if a 24" prop would be ok? I'm hoping with the new Motrolfly motor to get down to a 23" range prop and have a slightly higher kv than the A60-18L.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Ok so I drive around with an Edge in the back of my CR-V!! (and a 38" epp slick and a pair of FB 51 wings I think someone wants.

Looks like I had to go LHS on the elevator. Also got some of those nice allen screws theKM posted.

looks sweet... are those 2mm bolts going through 4-40 holes?...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
just curious, does anyone think HS-7965MGs on 6v would be enough for this plane?
by the specs, the HS-7965MG has 139 oz/in of torque vs. 172 oz/in of torque on a HS-7985MG?

Or maybe just use a HS-7985 on the elevator?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I have the stock 2mm bolts going through the 3mm holes in my spot-on arms. when you tighten everything down they might as well have been 3mm bolts because they are not going anywhere. i have taken a link and a pair of pliers after installing them onto the arm and cant get them to budge.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
I have the stock 2mm bolts going through the 3mm holes in my spot-on arms. when you tighten everything down they might as well have been 3mm bolts because they are not going anywhere. i have taken a link and a pair of pliers after installing them onto the arm and cant get them to budge.
I'd keep a CLOSE eye on this...I predict it won't stay slop-free for too many flights. For sure I'd plan on trying to find the right ball-links for the proper bolts before too long. Let us know how it performs...particularly if you see a little slop start developing or if you find that you have to tighten regularly.....Just curious. Enjoy.

Nice arms.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:31 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I'd keep a CLOSE eye on this...I predict it won't stay slop-free for too many flights. For sure I'd plan on trying to find the right ball-links for the proper bolts before too long. Let us know how it performs...particularly if you see a little slop start developing or if you find that you have to tighten regularly.....Just curious. Enjoy.

Nice arms.
I have found that these Dubro crimps are just a bit larger than the 4-40 hole, but the I.D. is perfect for 2mm bolts. So... I drill the arms to accept the crimps, and insert them into the arms, cut them to the thickness of the arms, and insert my 2mm bolts...works perfectly!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member