HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:16 AM
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
143 Posts
Discussion
Former strength

Hi

I have a question related rebuilding and airframes.

The plane is a 40 size Cap fairly aerobatic plane and it has some cross braces broken/missing from the formers. Each former has 2 cross braces one on the top and on the bottom, the fuse of the plane itself is sheeted. The only thing these formers did was hold a tube to feed the antenna through with ! How much do u think this will hurt the integrety of the airframe for general flying purposes ?

The braces themselves are not easy to get to since u can only get to them from inside the fuse. They sit a little ways back from the trailing edge of the wing. Iam debating if i should repair this or save weight and leave it be ?

Any help would be appreciated
baddley is online now Find More Posts by baddley
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:05 AM
"It's a Quad" :O
Temecula
Joined Jul 2004
3,179 Posts
Do you have any pics of the damage?

If these parts really do just hold a tube for the antenna then you should be golden. But since they are in the wing saddle area I think most folks here would want to take a look before giving advice that may end a flight....well poorly.

How was the fuse damaged?
thewz is offline Find More Posts by thewz