HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:25 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
my mig: kickin it, old school scale

"Black 7" flown by Capt A. V. Shlopov. 6 IAP, 6 IAK Fighter Air Corp
IA-PVO Moscow Air Defense Winter 1941/42

Correx Pilot and Cockpit Gages with Russian labels

1030 grams
WOW!! FB, that is cool!!
You have made scale look very good!!
I have never made any of my scale birds look like that!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:30 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATHIS View Post
This is my new Mugi electric.
AUW 650g.
Very Pretty Eathis!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:32 PM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,033 Posts
hey thanks guys, but its only plastic

here's the scale stuff, mirror image pilot just printed onto paper and white glued to a piece of correx.....similiar technique with the gages....add some cockpit green paint and throw it off a cliff !!!!!
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:34 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
hey thanks guys, but its only plastic

here's the scale stuff, mirror image pilot just printed onto paper and white glued to a piece of correx.....similiar technique with the gages....add some cockpit green paint and throw it off a cliff !!!!!
Aaaarrrrhhh!!
You make it sound so easy!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:39 PM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,033 Posts
Barry, nice Mugi

so many great looking artistic vinyl jobs here, I thought I would try drawing the panel lines, never done that before, was kinda fun

see you guys tomorrow
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Brian Tompkins's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
hey guys.

here is a copy of the Mig 7 templates upsized by 16% to give an approximate wingspan of 1330mm. the template needs to be printed out A0 size. it cost me R27 to print mono! i have managed to fit them all onto one page, so all you need to do now is the cutting.

cheers! happy flying!

*edit: changed the front of the fuselage to close in the original engine compartment. also added the original firewall former. hope this helps!
Brian Tompkins is offline Find More Posts by Brian Tompkins
Last edited by Brian Tompkins; Jun 02, 2011 at 06:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:05 AM
David Drowns
Mig Man's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATHIS View Post
......That thing on MIG MAN`s pictures,,,, isn`t it noisy, smelly, oily and pricey for juice.
I mean it doesn`t cost us a cent to fly our birds.( Also soooo quiet.)
It gets me out flying when there is no wind.
I started with gliders, went to pylon racing, from there to combat and Migs, and now.....
I need to get me one of these sloping Migs to bring it full circle. Ya think?

The smell is great but the cleanup.....
Mig Man is offline Find More Posts by Mig Man
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:17 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tompkins View Post
hey guys.

here is a copy of the Mig 7 templates upsized by 16% to give an approximate wingspan of 1330mm. the template needs to be printed out A0 size. it cost me R27 to print mono! i have managed to fit them all onto one page, so all you need to do now is the cutting.

cheers! happy flying!
Thanx Brian!!
That will save plenty guys, plenty time and trouble!...I will copy that to the first page....that way they can get going without searching first! Who or how did you get that done??.....So all you do now is print it 1:1 ?
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:17 AM
What goes up must come down
aimrah2000's Avatar
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Aug 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
my mig: kickin it, old school scale

"Black 7" flown by Capt A. V. Shlopov. 6 IAP, 6 IAK Fighter Air Corp
IA-PVO Moscow Air Defense Winter 1941/42

Correx Pilot and Cockpit Gages with Russian labels

1030 grams
Now you have done it. Dam got to rethink my Mig completely!!

Yup sy@m!!
aimrah2000 is offline Find More Posts by aimrah2000
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:24 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig Man View Post
It gets me out flying when there is no wind.
I started with gliders, went to pylon racing, from there to combat and Migs, and now.....
I need to get me one of these sloping Migs to bring it full circle. Ya think?

The smell is great but the cleanup.....
MM,
I know excactly what you mean!...I've been there too. I have made that circle....nothing wrong with oily engines! If you have'nt flown with them.....you have'nt flown a model plane!! No harm intended by Eathis.


Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
The WIND woke me up this morning!!
I'm thinking.......breakfast on the slope??
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:35 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,033 Posts
ja bring the bacon !!!
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:45 AM
What goes up must come down
aimrah2000's Avatar
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Aug 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
MM,
I know excactly what you mean!...I've been there too. I have made that circle....nothing wrong with oily engines! If you have'nt flown with them.....you have'nt flown a model plane!! No harm intended by Eathis.


Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
The WIND woke me up this morning!!
I'm thinking.......breakfast on the slope??
Dam Breakfast @ the Casino for me
S u g @ M oneish
aimrah2000 is offline Find More Posts by aimrah2000
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:46 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
OK!!
I'll serve the bacon!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:50 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,579 Posts
Markus...you got me here!

..."Yup sy@m!! "....??
......."S u g @ M oneish"....??
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:53 AM
What goes up must come down
aimrah2000's Avatar
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Aug 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
Markus...you got me here!

..."Yup sy@m!! "....??
......."S u g @ M oneish"....??
see you guys @ maitland 1:00Pm (ish)
aimrah2000 is offline Find More Posts by aimrah2000
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log first scratch-build! :D ClippedWings78 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 7 Nov 01, 2010 07:45 PM
Build Log MiG-15 in 1/10th scale for PSS: A Scratch-Build John Rood Slope 4 Sep 17, 2010 08:41 PM