SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:46 PM
Koloa, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2005
11 Posts
Question
Should I use or sell an almost perfect Radio Shack Ricky Carmichael?

Hi Guys, I'm a bit stuck here, I am not sure if I have a nice collector unit or a delicate bike that won't have parts if I break them.

I bought a Ricky Carmichael from Radio Shack, 3 or four years ago. I used it a few times and then put it away and moved.

I wanted to use it again, but it seems that people consider it delicate and somewhat collectible? Is this true in your opinion?

The sticker price on it is 129 but I think I bought it at 50% off when they ended selling this item. I see them going on auction sites for $65 or more. I guess Im not sure what to do and am asking for some guidance.
Thresher is offline Find More Posts by Thresher
Last edited by Thresher; Jul 16, 2010 at 05:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:22 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,776 Posts
The path is right in front of you, yet your are blinded by such extreme choices. The fate of Ricky rests in your hands yet you want us to be the ones to decide his fate. You have much to learn young grasshopper, much to learn. lol :P

The answer is...BOTH.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:28 PM
Koloa, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2005
11 Posts
Tommy yells to Johnny, "Get him a body bag! YEAH!"

YES SINSEI!

I am going to go use him like a cheap rag! If I love it, I will upgrade to whatever Johnny is using, I will then enter a moto RC tournament and perform a flying crane on Johny's RC Moto!

So the collectible value isn't that high and I should just use him it huh?

"TALK TO ME GOOSE!"

Okay enough with the movie quotes!
Thresher is offline Find More Posts by Thresher
Old Oct 09, 2010, 03:27 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2010
89 Posts
upgrade him a lil and enjoy him......there is this vicious rumor going around that if something is old its valuable.....99% of the time that is complete BS...
Disposable Hero is offline Find More Posts by Disposable Hero
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:13 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
I'd keep it as it is, actually I have a brand new one!

Use something else you can have spare parts and, at the end, you'll invest less money for a more efficient bike.

Ciao
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2010
89 Posts
aaahhh...I just bought another NIB Ricky for $100(shipped), for how cheap you can get them for just buy 2 or 3(even used ones you can get for like $50) for parts bikes and you'll be set for a loooong time!
Disposable Hero is offline Find More Posts by Disposable Hero
Last edited by Disposable Hero; Oct 12, 2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:10 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,384 Posts
Hey, let me know if you want another one. I've got two here NIB. I wanna keep one, but I'll gladly sell the other for $100. I could use the money for some other projects I've been working on.

And actually, I suppose for the most part the Ricky parts that will fail on you can probably be replaced by ARX (or that other copy bike) parts. Wheels and tires should fit. Just need to get the hubs to go with them... and the sprockets... well... maybe the gyro too... but the rest is still Ricky!
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:35 PM
The Great White North
Joined Apr 2007
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
Hey, let me know if you want another one. I've got two here NIB. I wanna keep one, but I'll gladly sell the other for $100. I could use the money for some other projects I've been working on.

And actually, I suppose for the most part the Ricky parts that will fail on you can probably be replaced by ARX (or that other copy bike) parts. Wheels and tires should fit. Just need to get the hubs to go with them... and the sprockets... well... maybe the gyro too... but the rest is still Ricky!
pm sent
zenmasterzoso is offline Find More Posts by zenmasterzoso
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
The collectible value isn't that high and I should just use him it huh?
assignment help
ariakerry is offline Find More Posts by ariakerry
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:33 AM
The Great White North
Joined Apr 2007
80 Posts
That is what I am doing, there are many threads here on going brushless or nitro along with the various mods
zenmasterzoso is offline Find More Posts by zenmasterzoso