HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2010, 02:15 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick / Amid,

I don't have any experience with the mSR either. However, I have worked on those tiny helis before. I did have that mCX critter. If your post over at helifreak fails to bring on an employee. I'd be happy to give it a whirl.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post

I asked VIC first, but he claims no Xperience at all with mSR and so today I posted the following in HelFreak.
It now comes to mind that someone HERE might want to try this for me:
QUOTED ......[ from HeliFreak: ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent off for the aluminum upgrades for the Blade mSR , specifically FIVE parts as: 1-precision CNC anti collar,2- FlyBar,3- swashplate ,4- main blade grips 5-- main rotor hub. MicroHeli in Canada sent them and now I am facing a problem:
I can see the parts (barely) but even with magnification I am not able to see the screws and attachment point and cannot use that size tools, which I don't have.

So I am posting a request for someone with experience that would want to do this job for me. I intend to MAIL the heli + parts and will PAY for the work and the shipping.
I can be reached for a response either in this forum or at: Richard.f.barr@comcast.net

I am well pleased with this tiny Heli, but had a chance to fly one with the Alum.upgrades and was impressed enough to want to have my own done this way

UNQUOTE

I got the experience with the BLINGED mSR while I was up in DALLAS, in the big hobby shop...
I LURK here daily , as Choppers correctly observed, but have nothing to offer or contribute since this THREAD has left me
WAY WAY behind.
I don't build anything, I got projects 98% done, I don't FLY anything
and so I just read and continue to fall behind.
It's an AGE thing, unfortunately
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Hey Bobs,

The weather was pretty good today, so I took the 500 and 600 to the field, and ran 2 packs through each. (That's all I have.) Everything came home in one piece again. I do want to say that the Trex 500 is one screaming machine for it's size. I did several low level passes at a pretty good clip, it's like to much fun. Punch outs were great, the Spartan gyro certainly lives up to it's reputation, the tail held like a rock.

Dave
Old May 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Great vid Dave......she looks pretty stable to me. man, too much fun....I just can't wait.!!

Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old May 21, 2010, 06:26 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Rick, I sent Eddie (baurwin on RCU) a PM about your MSR. He said he would email you. He has a bunch of helis including an MSR and is willing to help. He is in Houston so shipping wont be too bad. He is a great guy and can be trusted.

Ivan
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Well Guys.....got a few questions if ya don't mind. Since I want eventally to do scale...what is the equivalent in sizing to fuel scale...such as a 400, 500, 600 in this new to me world? Is it like 30 50 60-90??

thanks
Barry
Old May 21, 2010, 07:05 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Well Guys.....got a few questions if ya don't mind. Since I want eventally to do scale...what is the equivalent in sizing to fuel scale...such as a 400, 500, 600 in this new to me world? Is it like 30 50 60-90??

thanks
Barry
600 would be a 30 50 and 700 would be a 60 90. BIG helicopters.
Old May 21, 2010, 07:12 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Thanks Ivan.....now I can plan a future 600....that's seems to be the way I'll go. Sure alot less expensive than the stuff I looked at years ago.

Then I guess the next question is what 600 would be the one for scale?

thanks
Barry
Last edited by CopterKid77; May 21, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:05 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
I LURK here daily , as Choppers correctly observed, but have nothing to offer or contribute since this THREAD has left me
WAY WAY behind.
I don't build anything, I got projects 98% done, I don't FLY anything
and so I just read and continue to fall behind.
It's an AGE thing, unfortunately
Hey Rick,
There is something about this hobby in just being able to walk down in the basement or hobby room and see so many beautiful airplanes or helis. I like to walk up, take them down, inspect them, and imagine the flight in my head. Sometimes I get to fly a lot and like right now I haven't flown anything in 3 weeks.... but I still go done and play with my machines.
I grew up enjoying going to hobby shops with my Dad so I guess I kind of made one in my basement to recreate the experience. I like the company of my planes and helis even if I don't fly them. Sometimes it's just a joy to have own them and be able to touch

I hope you get your MSR blinged out with Ivan's buddy so it can with stand your Cat's paw's! Beau doesn't even seemed bothered by the hobby

Please stop in more often... We love to hear from you and you post the most incredible videos

God Bless Ya Rick

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old May 21, 2010, 08:20 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick....I think the guy there in Houston might be the ticket for ya. I don't really know anything about these micro CP's, and honestly, my health is at a point where I'm not really ready for a new learning experience....having a he!! of a time as of lately (weather?).

We had a nice downpour and some thunder and lightning come thru tonight. The weather dog I have is staying CLOSE to me....like I'm gonna protect him...LMAO.

I got the gear set on order from Heli-Direct...shipping seems more reasonable than T-RexParts.com, and Heli-Direct carries parts for the 450 Pro shaft edition. I should have my heli back flying by Mon/Tues.

Vic
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old May 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Guys,
I wanted to pass on an add for a friend in Illinois selling his T-Rex 600.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post15136940

Y'all have a great and relaxing weekend!

Jay
Old May 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
We had a nice downpour and some thunder and lightning come thru tonight. The weather dog I have is staying CLOSE to me....like I'm gonna protect him...LMAO.
Vic
One pill for you doggy and two for me, LMAO!
Old May 21, 2010, 08:44 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Jay I saw this and thought of you

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL5025
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old May 21, 2010, 08:46 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Thanks Ivan.....now I can plan a future 600....that's seems to be the way I'll go. Sure alot less expensive than the stuff I looked at years ago.

Then I guess the next question is what 600 would be the one for scale?

thanks
Barry
The most common would probably be the Align Trex 600. It is so common that it is cloned and sold for CHEAP. Hobby King sells the HK600 GT (Trex 600 clone) for $140 plus shipping from China. The problem that most people find with the clones is that the quality and assembly is not all that great. If you are very familiar with heli builds, you can work through the issues, replace some parts and have an acceptable machine. The next issue with clones is outfitting them. I really feel the only way for a clone to really be worthwhile is to build it CHEAP. Cheap means it wont fly that great but it sure will fly. I have some CHEAP outfitted clones and they fly just fine for what I do with them (orientation training or test mules for new tricks). I have some mid priced outfitted clones and they do not fly as well as my true Align helis but cost just about as much. Align did a great job in packaging their Super Combos for excellent value. Be sure to check into them. Also, used is an option. The T600 that Jay just posted up for his friend is a BARGAIN!!!
Old May 21, 2010, 09:10 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Stamp,

On the HBK3, one thing I forgot to mention is the motor. Is it a brushed motor or a brushless motor? The brushed motors on the HBK2's and HBK3's are notorious for burning up pretty quickly. Not to worry though, if you decide to get it, I have several brushless motors for the 300 size helis on hand. Your's for the asking. Only thing you'd need is a brushless ESC.

Dave
Old May 21, 2010, 09:16 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Thanks for the info Ivan........that will be a fall or winter project for me so I've got a little time to set aside a few bucks.

Gotta say that this thread has a lot of great folks on it.....glad to be a part of it.

Barry