Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowy you are so right.
I musta of been thru a million girls. Well maybe not that many, but I've been thru many.
My 2nd wife once asked me if I could find a cheaper hobby. I replied like what, fishing. She replied Fishing, thats a great hobby. I told her OK I need 30 thousand for a bass boat and another 35 thousand for the truck to pull it with.
She just glared at me an walked away. I didn't hear a word from her the rest of the evening.
I had a girlfriend back in the early 90's when I was really into giant scale and had the money to do it. Anyways she told me one day, Honey for what you spend on model airplanes, we could be driving a new car. I replied we could be driving a new car if you would get a job.
I sure glad for my wife is not like the women I've been through
Love it
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I went across the street to the schoolyard to get in a couple quick flights. Ever see a profile plane go wot into a street?! What a mess! On the second flight about a minute I had a completely non responsive plane and she dove straight in from about 200 feet wide open!!! Nothing from that plane will ever fly again! It was by far the worst crash I have ever seen!!!! The engine is destroyed, even the tank had holes in it! I wish you guys could have seen it! That's why I don't like to fly alone, no witnesses that can appreciate full carnage!!
Not even the servo survived

That's full carnage
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Snowdog that is quite a list of plane builds you are about to undertake!
Nate, most of them are already built...the 71 Slick is an arf, so the real fun will be the two profiles
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
ugh, been there done that. Had a hitech servo fail on the elevator at 400 feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
We'll see what the weather is like tomorrow. The 60 has been resurrected and ready for a re-maiden. It is a little heavier than I would like (8lbs) but I think it'll be ok. CG is at 5.5" with my rx battery as far back as it will go and still fit in the fuse. That 6s battery is a little on the heavy side.
Well here are some doosies but bothof them were completely rebuilt
The kadet shows the original monocote scheme that lasted 20 some odd years and then its demise and what it looks like today The T40 has looked like that and worse many too many times and Then rebuilt as many until I made the Tweplica then Snowy giving me Jack211's which is now what I fly. but still have all the tweplica parts to rebuild that one when Needed too the wing is fine just needs some suring up in spots and I need the tweplica fuse rebuilt from the wing saddle back LOL
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,541 Posts
Waldo those are some amazing rebuilds, I gotta admit....I would have been sorely tempted to throw both of those planes directly into a garbage bag.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowy you are so right.
I musta of been thru a million girls. Well maybe not that many, but I've been thru many.
My 2nd wife once asked me if I could find a cheaper hobby. I replied like what, fishing. She replied Fishing, thats a great hobby. I told her OK I need 30 thousand for a bass boat and another 35 thousand for the truck to pull it with.
She just glared at me an walked away. I didn't hear a word from her the rest of the evening.
I had a girlfriend back in the early 90's when I was really into giant scale and had the money to do it. Anyways she told me one day, Honey for what you spend on model airplanes, we could be driving a new car. I replied we could be driving a new car if you would get a job.
I sure glad for my wife is not like the women I've been through
Isn't that a song?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,276 Posts
Waldo, you are very talented and surely you must enjoy piecing together puzzles too? I can just picture you sitting at your workbench in the basement with some tunes playing in the background......a butt smoldering in the ashtray next to you.....and you looking frantically for some debonder to free your fingers from the beer bottle you just glued your fingers to. (No, that's more like something I'd do!) I knew you were the best choice to receive Jack211's T_ _ _ t, cause you'd rebuild that baby until there wasn't anything left!

Plow, sorry to hear about your plane! Yes, it does suck flying alone....that's why it was such a treat to fly with both Waldo and Kerwin this past summer......I envy you folks that have flying buddies. But I have you guys to keep me interested......for that I'm truly thankful.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy I'm your flying buddy. I come fly with my snowy friend.

You got that, Wayne didn't you. I should of ad libbed the words, I'd love them and they would take all that I got, O yeah.
Then I fooled around and lost all that I had.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Isn't that a song?
Fooled Around and Fell in Love ~ Elvin Bishop (4 min 7 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,060 Posts
I have had a hard time repairing anything that is broken beyond what can be fixed with available replacement parts or just isn't broken that bad... You guys that do amazing rebuilds are my heroes! I'm afraid I may always just be an ARF guy.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,962 Posts
Well hopefully one of these days, months, years, I'll be able to load up the ol van with tons of flying toys and come visit every one of you where we will film, eat, drink, fly, crash and laugh after all, thats what this is all about, (Staying out of trouble) ok maybe thats not it lol but I sure do love coming onto this thread and be able to talk about RC stuff all the time, I really don't know what I did before I discovered this group as I sure as heck didn't talk RC with my wife much as she likes the hobby but doesn't really get into the talking about planes thing too much, I must have had allot of in head conversations lol cause before you guys it was just me for years and years a fellow friend would join me once in a great while and fly with me until he moved or something. but they were far and few between. Now I'm very lucky to have found others that love this hobby and have been with me for 6 or 7 years and one guy for about 15 now.

Rebuilding a disaster is really quite simple, add a new stick here and there a stick here a stick everywhere a stick stick and then cover it lol most any crash can be pieced right back together in seconds on the table, then just hold it together with your hands or clamps and rubberbands or tape and let the glue flow LOL its really that easy. its actually faster to rebuild a totaled plane then it is to assemble a brand new full kit. that Kadet for instance took me 3 weeks to build with my father and about 4 hours to put it back together after that crash shown above lol It really boils down to the time one has more than the skill.

And then in My particular case I'm just addicted to the RC Plane and find it very difficult to throw away a frame I know I can get back in the sky. Lord knows I've tried, I actually had my ME 109 in the garbage and then I tossed and turned for hours that night until I went down and rescued it from the pail before the garbage truck came in the morning, and then I slept like a baby.. I have no intention of fixing it anymore as I have rebuilt it 5 -8 times and it just flys like crap, so it leans against the wall, Well I'm sure I'll try and fix it again anyway lol I know I know lol I have issues
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Well here are some doosies but bothof them were completely rebuilt
The kadet shows the original monocote scheme that lasted 20 some odd years and then its demise and what it looks like today The T40 has looked like that and worse many too many times and Then rebuilt as many until I made the Tweplica then Snowy giving me Jack211's which is now what I fly. but still have all the tweplica parts to rebuild that one when Needed too the wing is fine just needs some suring up in spots and I need the tweplica fuse rebuilt from the wing saddle back LOL
Man!! I feel real bad about not rebuilding my Yak now!! Was on better condition than those two!! Wow, wish i had the time and skill to rebuild like that!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:22 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,962 Posts
Now this is something I wouldn't rebuild LOL
Eat My Foamy! (2 min 28 sec)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009