3,698 Posts
Woohoo...good job Ace!
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:20 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2009
715 Posts
Great work Jim! Sounds like you had your hands full on the lady flight!
shoey is offline Find More Posts by shoey
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:53 PM
Joined Aug 2008
540 Posts
Nice! Congrats on a successful outing.

al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:26 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Thanks a lot folks. Well, a couple more days and the 28 will be ready for Vegas. The reason for my fun test flight getting erratic was due to two servos that failed in flight. One was the flap servo that lost center on approach so stuck down. The second was the aileron servo that some how stripped a gear in flight. Now both where servos that had been used in some other models and bench tested prior to installation. I usually load them with my fingers and cycle several times. Both showed good but I obviously missed something. These have been replaced and tested with true loads.

I replaced the full size servos for the elev/rudd with smaller ones and moved them more forward for a better fit and balance. For the finish I decided to use a mix of paint and decals for the livery. Looks good from five feet so good enough. I just need to change the wheels and connect the lights then cut out the nav light lenses. I also installed the cockpit farm glass and as usual got some goop in the wrong place. Funny how I can build complex parts from my own molds but have issues with glass. This week end is test fly my new Eurofighter version two. Wish me luck.... laugh
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Sep 18, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:06 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,698 Posts
I love the decals Ace...T-28 looks sweeeet!
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH