|Mar 02, 2007, 07:03 AM|
Micro Superfly and Bandit Mig
Here's some Pics of the Micro Superfly.. The Superflyrc.com "Mite" that I converted to look like a standard sized superfly. I measured them both and discovered that the Mite is really just a 57% sized Superfly, so I cut the prop slot and the stabilizers based on that and marked the CG range from a similar measurement.
AUW is 6 oz. It uses a Custom CDR single stator speed motor from gobrushless.com, a 4.75X4.75 apc prop and a thunder power 3S 650 mah pack with 2 GWS Pico servo's. The canopy is a vaccuum formed plastic that was made to be a blimp gondola..works good on this plane and it is very fast and maneuverable. I had to make the travel adjustment points on my DX6 for the 2 servo's only 50% up and down to help me get used to it. Lmopar 69 suggests going to a smaller prop because when I give it the goose, it wants to torque roll pretty bad, but as long as you're ready for it it's manageble.
The Bandit Mig, coming along pretty well. Got more sanding to do and then a thin coat of WBPU before painting. One of the pictures shows the Bandit painted on it's left side from tail to intake and it's a German Silver Metallic from Testors...
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||dihedral in a micro superfly||mrneutron||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||8||Jan 27, 2006 09:30 PM|
|Repost: Micro/Mini Bandit project||Jensst||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||3||Sep 10, 2001 10:00 AM|