HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2005, 09:16 AM
Joined Oct 2005
16 Posts
eco 8, which lipol pack?

Hi chaps, newbie here,
i have an ECO and haven't flown it yet as i don't have a decent battery pack for it, i'm after a lipol pack for it (i have a lipol charger)

the setup i have is a standard speed controller and standard motor ( NON brushless)
will a lipol pack be ok with this setup? and what sort will i need?
i see on ebay theres some 3400mah 11.1.v 3 cell (3S1P) will that be ok?

thanks for your help

Paul j
paulj69 is offline Find More Posts by paulj69
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2005, 03:44 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,947 Posts
Hi Paul, glad to see another eco-8 flyer. first of all you need to know about how many amps your eco-8 pulls? if your not doing anything aerobatic I would say 40 is a safe estimate. the battery you get has to be able to put out enough amps for the heli. to figure this out you multiply the C rating of the battery by the Mah rating. so you have a 3400 mah battery pack, this equals 3.4 amps, multiply by the C rating, since you haven't provided the C rating it's impossible to tell but I will guess 10. so the battery could put out 34 amps continuosly, that would probably fly your eco provided it is light and your not hard on it. I would go with something like a 3S2P or 3S3P. if your going to do aerobatics you might want to look into a 4S pack, I run a 4400mah 4S2P pack and it has a 8C rating, so it puts out 35.2 amps and has a burst rating of 15C so it can put out 66amps for a short period of time. so it's not hard to figure out once you get the hang of it. good luck and keep us posted.

Brandon
helifrek is online now Find More Posts by helifrek
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing!
Old Oct 25, 2005, 09:09 PM