SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
211 Posts
Discussion
Giving back

I may be in the wrong section with this message but here goes. I have been doing this for awhile now and I thought that some of you might want to do the same. Every month I get several model magazines (other magazines would be good too) after a look them over and decide that I no longer want them, I take them to the local VA hospital and leave them in waiting rooms. Most of the magazines that are usually there are several years old and are either womens or teen mags. This is not much to do but I know that it is appreciated. Well, that is it.
BLACK HAWK MOD is offline Find More Posts by BLACK HAWK MOD
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:38 PM
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
732 Posts
That is a very good idea BLACK HAWK. I do not have a VA hospital close to where I live, but I think the Dr,s office waiting room and the hospital would be good also. Thanks for the tip.
Jim Kraft is offline Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
211 Posts
A couple of years ago we signed up to have Flying Models magazine delivered to an orphanage and donated a couple of years worth of Flying Models magazine to a local high school library ... just trying to get into the hobby. A lot of people have never even heard of control line models.

Larry
BLACK HAWK MOD is offline Find More Posts by BLACK HAWK MOD
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:23 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Aug 2004
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HAWK MOD View Post
A couple of years ago we signed up to have Flying Models magazine delivered to an orphanage and donated a couple of years worth of Flying Models magazine to a local high school library ...
That's a great idea. After I read that, I remembered the whole reason I got interested in the hobby was because my middle school library had a subscription to Model Airplane News. This was back in the late 70's when they still had FF and control line columns. I guess that's why I enjoy Flying Models magazine so much... they cover everything. I mostly fly RC, but I still enjoy flying control line and the occasional FF rubber job.
TheRocksKid is offline Find More Posts by TheRocksKid