SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
New Product
Hawk Wing 286 delta wing

Air craft name. Hawk Wing 286 has rudder and elevator controls. Its a slop soaring/sail plane and its a flying wing some what like a hang glider. It weighs 4 oz but after doing all of those repairs it weighed close to 7 oz. The longest flight was 2:50 off of a hill.but i cant beat the record because on day it was to windy and it flew away:+C. Here are the you tube videos :+J
home made rc delta wing (2 min 12 sec)
home made RC delta wing.3 (3 min 53 sec)
home made EDF delta wing (2 min 34 sec)
justeyfly is offline Find More Posts by justeyfly
Last edited by justeyfly; Jul 29, 2013 at 02:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,837 Posts
Keep up the good work. It look's like it's made from foam sheet with no airfoil but seem's to fly well. Good luck to you.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Thanks dude. i wounder is it possible to make a life size plane with no air foil
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,837 Posts
Look up Regolo wing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
What is this supost to be? Am confused
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,837 Posts
It's kind of a kite and it's just flat material. Ok I have alot of airfoil's templates and occasionally cut foam wing core's for various model's. Alot of people have been experimenting with airfoils for over 100 year's. I was flying my Discus Launched Glider and it has an airfoil that can make it stay up about 10 time's longer than your flat airfoil. From a launch I can fly completely around a football field in dead air some time's more. I noticed that you know something about slope soaring, so do I. And in the right wind I might stay up for an hour or more, wouldn't you like to be able to do that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
cool did you scratch build the one that can fly around a foot ball field.the wing is not completely flat i sanded the leading edge and the trailing edge.
here is the video of me slope soaring wind was 5 to 6 mph
home made RC delta wing slope soaring (6 min 21 sec)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,837 Posts
I actually bought it from a friend of mine who scratch built mold's put a good set of wing's on it and the rest is history. We flew today with identical model's except his was 1.5oz's lighter and his flying skill's are a little better than mine so he was able to thermal his about 500ft. higher than me and then did aerobatic's on the way down.I'll enclose a few photo's. My friend just called me to tell me that his post of his new CNC machined aluminum mold's hit over 2000 view's in 2 day's. Ok here's a few photo's of a couple of glider's that we've built.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
wow that's rely cool did you see the video of it slope soaring it flew far and i was flying and recording at the same time because i only need one hand to fly :+J