Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 16, 2014, 03:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
47 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Mini CP Brushless or not....¿¿¿????

I've bought a Mini CP which its on the way and need to know if putting the Brushless Kit in the Mini CP will short the flying time a lot.... I've been reading about flying time with original againstBL motors but they talk about 3D flying times...I don't fly 3D so I don't know if flying in "beginner" mode will short the tyme a lot....

Any help?

Thansk in advance.
solmer is offline Find More Posts by solmer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2014, 10:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,371 Posts
The Mini comes with two 240,ma batteries. they do this to keep weight down. The Walkera 350 ma 25c battery fits perfect and gives decent flight times in normal mode. you do not need bl upgrade. Later you may want to but Mini is a very fine flyer and very stable. Its a nicely made user friendly heli. C/p backround is needed with any c/p. If you can fly a FBL F/P this heli will be no problem at all. The WK Scorpion Y-6 uses 350 ma battery. Thats what I use. 240 ma will fly it but bigger battery just extends the fun time..
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old May 19, 2014, 03:00 AM
Joined Dec 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
The Mini comes with two 240,ma batteries. they do this to keep weight down. The Walkera 350 ma 25c battery fits perfect and gives decent flight times in normal mode. you do not need bl upgrade. Later you may want to but Mini is a very fine flyer and very stable. Its a nicely made user friendly heli. C/p backround is needed with any c/p. If you can fly a FBL F/P this heli will be no problem at all. The WK Scorpion Y-6 uses 350 ma battery. Thats what I use. 240 ma will fly it but bigger battery just extends the fun time..
Hi !, thanks for the info !!!
solmer is offline Find More Posts by solmer
Old May 21, 2014, 11:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,371 Posts
I got another Mini c/p in a trade. It is a V1 and motor in it is ok but kind of slow.
I have bl rig and see no reason to buy a stock motor. ESC I have needs Y- harness that I have but alot of wires under the hood. Might get one CJ has that doesn't need the harness.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 01:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,371 Posts
Bang good sells a battery they claim is 400ma for Mini c/p. I bought a couple and they do work. Kicker is battery is marked 350ma. Still it was $4.00. , so not to put out about that. I use the 240ma batteries for Genius c/p. they fit fine.
Tray would need mods to take 350 ma. Mini c/p they fit perfect.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 09:02 PM
V120D02s, Mini Cp, HCP80-100.
Canada, QC, Saint-Pacôme
Joined Apr 2014
37 Posts
I really like the stock mini cp for 3D with stock battery but I find it slightly expensive to change the main motor a few times every year whereas my mini cp with C05m has been going for two years now and is as powerful as its ever been. 9 tooth pinion, hcp80 gear and 7mm tail motor works really good with those 400 mAh BG batteries wether 25 or 30C ( 3 min + of as hard I as I can do 3D). I kind of like the 25 C better for this one since they seem a wee bit thinner than the 30C which are awesome too. I also have a mini cp with 14000 kv cp-z-03 motor with 8 T and hcp80 gear and it flies awesome but goes through batteries a little too fast 1 and a half minute to two minutes and I'm done.
Shthawk79 is offline Find More Posts by Shthawk79
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,371 Posts
I now have three Mini c/p. first one Co5m bl main/ seconf fairly new V2 stock.
BL is more quiet but both fly pretty much the same. Power wise not much difference. I'm sure bl motor will outlast stock motor by wide margin. Last one was in need of repair from friend. Bad servo and damaged tail fin. New servo/ fix tail flys ok but power is nothing like other two. Since its a v1 easy convert to bl.
I think I'll go to hotter motor HP05 Another possible route is just keep it for backup as really didn't need nor want it anyway. The canopy was a mess but it came with a new one. Spent more time installing gromets than fixing heli. Trick to the gromets is open up the hole, its way to small.
Mini bl has Genius c/p main gear, think I'll put a Mini main on it. I think Genius has more teeth on main gear and thiner. I fly
Blade helis alsp but Walkrea's are smoother and wisper quiet. Blade heli fly fine and really dig little Nano CP-X bl .