HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2013, 09:54 AM
Croatia
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
New Product
Classic HLG Trotter kit

We are offering you THE Classic HLG Trotter, flown by Croatian HLG team

The kit contains 3-part Trotter fuselage, laser cut ribs, carbon D-box, carbon-kevlar reinforced main spar, carbon trailing edge, carbon cap strips for ribs and tail endings, complete drawings, full balsa tail.
Expected weight of completed model is about 200g (7oz). Foil for wing covering is not included in kit. Profile is S4083, wingspan 1500mm (59").
Glider is perfect for flying on thermals and pleasure flying on not too windy weather.
To fly HLG Trotter, transmitter with 2 channels and V-mixer is required. The is an option to get this model ARF.

Fuselage specifications:
Length: 870 mm (34.25")
Wing depth: 185 mm (7.28")
Profile: S 4083
V Tail angle: 110
Dihedral angle of: 0
Weight: 45 g (1.58oz)
The fuselage is entirely made from carbon, nosecone is made out of kevlar.

Price of the kit is 165$ + shipping worldwide.

If you have any question regarding our products, feel free to ask, we will be more than glad to help.
For more information or details, please contact us via PM or our E-mail: info@clm-pro.com

CLM Pro
www.clm-pro.com/en
ClmPro is offline Find More Posts by ClmPro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ClmPro; Apr 22, 2014 at 01:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2013, 08:30 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Hi,
I've been looking at it at your website and it really looks nice!!!!
I have a couple of questions though...
The S4083 is it at 8%?
And the other one is are there any type of pushrods included in the kit??? They don't seem to be in any of the pictures and if I order a kit I'd like to know what other accesories do I need to complete the build.
Thanks,
Fernando
ferincr is online now Find More Posts by ferincr
Old May 10, 2013, 07:00 AM
Croatia
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Hello Fernando,

http://airfoiltools.com/airfoil/deta...rfoil=s4083-il
Max thickness 8% at 22.5% chord.
Max camber 3.4% at 35.5% chord

Kit includes: outer pushrod + inner 0.6 stainlesssteel wire.
We forgot to get the on the paper when we took photo of the kit, we will fix it. Thank you for noticing.
Thank you for your interest in our products.

CLM Pro
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2013, 08:54 AM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Great!!!
Thanks for the info
So basically apart from the kit all I need to get in the air is the film cover and radio?
Horns and other hardware is also included
(sorry, I haven't bought a kit in a long time)

I'm totally new to this category of gliders, I have a friend in Argentina that convinced me to give them a try, he build his from scratch.
Anyway thanks for the quick reply, I'll be ordering one in the near future as soon as I see some clearance on my work bench...
Fernando
Last edited by ferincr; May 10, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:38 AM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Well I finally got my hands on the kit.
It got to my wife in London fairly quick, then she brought it to the US where we had some holidays together and now I'm finally home in Costa Rica again.
On first impressions, it comes all neatly packed and survived the trip half around the world unscated.
I haven't had the guts to untape the bits yet since I'm not quit ready to start the bulding yet an it has lots of tiny pieces that I don't want to lose.
The only thing I notice to critique is that the fuse boom has quite a bit of bubbles on it, they don't seem to be a problem, just a cosmetic issue for such a nice design.

I guess this is not intended as a beginner's kit and therefore the lack of any instructions as to how to proceed.
To be honest this is going to be the first kit I build of this type, I've done a lot of scratch building pure wood or all composites/foam but not many wood/composite (not of this small size anyway so I'm not sure what type of glue to use to keep the weight down.

Do you know if there are any building threads going about it?
Thanks,
Fernando
Old Jul 02, 2013, 04:17 PM
Croatia
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Hello Fernando,

we are glad to hear you are satisfied with what you got in the package.
We are still working on our illustrated instructions which should soon be done.
We already made all the pictures we need to make it but we still have to add description to every one of them. Additionally when we do finish it we will make a build log and special topic in our forums.

CLM Pro
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2013, 04:26 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Thanks for the reply!!!!
I guess I'll leave it in the shelf for now and finish the other projects while I give you time to put the instructions together.
I don't want to screw it up so I rather wait (hopefully not for too long...)
Thanks again,
Fernando
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:56 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Any updates on the instructions????
I need to start the build and some guidance would be nice (no matter how little) there are some CF bits that I don't even know what they are for (like the cloth in the plastic bag and some strips (that they are not the TE or the cap strips) they about 1/8 wide.
If you can just give some hints on how to start the wings I'll get to it.
Please????
Thanks,
Old Aug 16, 2013, 02:11 AM
Croatia
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Hello Fernando,

we haven't forgotten about the manual but we are really getting some hard time finding time to complete the manual, everything is set and the steps are completed, we only need to get it into nice pdf. manual.
We will send you pictures and steps in a day or two so you can start building the wings.
We are very sorry for waiting so long and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2013, 08:48 AM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Thanks!!!!
Parts are on the table waiting for it.
Hopefully I can fly it soon