HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, MO, Raymore
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
put 8 batteries through mine yesterday. I love the little guy. I grabbed a couple gws
7X3.5 props. I could not use back plate even but it flies great! It seems just fine powerwise as it is. Sweet plane, have to have some speed to KE but floats very good.
bradharvy is offline Find More Posts by bradharvy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
put 8 batteries through mine yesterday. I love the little guy. I grabbed a couple gws
7X3.5 props. I could not use back plate even but it flies great! It seems just fine powerwise as it is. Sweet plane, have to have some speed to KE but floats very good.
Thanks for the flight report!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,635 Posts
is this plane standard jr servo leads or the little micro ones?
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:49 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
is this plane standard jr servo leads or the little micro ones?

little micro (mates to the Microlite RX)
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256 View Post
little micro (mates to the Microlite RX)
no this is standard size. the rx is small but you can use the standard jr servo connections. just curious as I have a frsky micro rx with the little connections like the small planes have, 4-site etc. I was thinking about buying a used qq in the classifieds if it worked with my rx.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:12 AM
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Sep 2004
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
In regards to the esc warming up just setting.. Is everyone binding with throttle trim all the way down? I missed it till I read over the second time. Mine seems ok..
My thoughts are in line with other posts regaurding quality. Not liking the cowling design. Kinda loose fitting. But the plane flies very smooth to me. I flew it in ten plus winds, and it wasn't the best flying but did fly. No good tricks to come out of it from me at ten mph or more. It was fun though, made it feel real floaty just sitting in the wind not really moving! All in all a great buy. I to am waiting for a 7X3.5 gws. Broke the flimsy stock one. Too bad they make a person work so hard to modify it. Look foward to hear motor reviews!
Ohhhh, does anyone else notice that when ya spin the prop by hand, you see the backplate wobble as if the shaft isn't true? Mine did this off the bat and I spent about an hour trying to align it,Adapter, but didn't get much better. Nothing looks bent. It causes the heavier props that I have tried to shake the heck out of the plane, even after balancing the props. HH said both the ones he grabbed while speaking to me did the same thing. I've heard the, (it's normal) story b4! Anyone else notice a bit a wobble?
* I have experienced the same problems with vibration & cogging.
my balance fix was to cut the tips of the prop blades off just a tiny bit or sand them until they were in balance.some people add glue..cogging usually means the
prop is too big in diameter or too much pitch & overloads the motor.
also the motor may be marginal on power & due to some bad winds.
i hope this sheds a little more light on the subject as we still have lots to learn about these marvelous little motors..==== haldayne
seems like i learn something new every day..
haldayne is offline Find More Posts by haldayne
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:36 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
I had vibrations, my friend has one with vibrations too. The vibrations got so bad my park 340 motor ripped out the firewall. It looks like the edge fuse is molded in two pieces, the firewall gets glued in when the 2 halves of the fuse are glued together. There isn't much glue holding the firewall in, I'm guessing the firewall is causing all the vibrations, I hot glued everything back together and now the vibrations are gone, it's very quiet too.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:51 PM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
Same here. I don't really like the way that the firewall is installed, with nothing really behind it. If it breaks, you have to but a new fuse if you want another one. I added a Few gobs of silicone glue behind each corner. Works out well so far.
Orem_Aeronut is offline Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Anyone find a decent tail wheel replacement? I lost mine today and had to resort to hover catches to end my flights!

Edge 540 QQ - Hover Catch (6 min 20 sec)
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Anyone find a decent tail wheel replacement?

APC prop insert, 3mm length of 3mm carbon tube, 2 pcs of wire insulation...
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Anyone find a decent tail wheel replacement?
Horizon has these and the LHS may have also.....
Tail Wheel with Retainers, 1/2", Micro (2)

By: Dubro Products
Item: DUB12MTW
Price: Reg. $1.89
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,322 Posts
Quote:
no this is standard size. the rx is small but you can use the standard jr servo connections. just curious as I have a frsky micro rx with the little connections like the small planes have, 4-site etc. I was thinking about buying a used qq in the classifieds if it worked with my rx.

No look at the pictures below for the QQ540. The Ultra Micro (UM) series is on the 4 Site, UMX etc.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:44 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Hmmm, this plane looks cool! Might have to pick one up at the LBS while I'm waiting for parts for my Crack Yak (long story). But I need to get in the air but my other 2 foamies are in a state of disrepair... Yuck. But this thing looks pretty nice!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256 View Post
No look at the pictures below for the QQ540. The Ultra Micro (UM) series is on the 4 Site, UMX etc.
im confused. this picture is what is on the qq? so it does have the molex connectors? if so, this is good as I have a rx for it for my tx.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:45 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,322 Posts
Quote:
im confused. this picture is what is on the qq? so it does have the molex connectors? if so, this is good as I have a rx for it for my tx.
Yes