Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Streaming Night Flying from Austin Ocktoberfest

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/austin...ol-association
Kool, funny when he landed the plane and had to jump over it.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Kool, funny when he landed the plane and had to jump over it.
This is a big event, it will be going on all weekend, 3DHS is there.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
New Nitro Plank
I like da profile Dude. You got er finished! Have you flown her yet?
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:46 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
This is a big event, it will be going on all weekend, 3DHS is there.
Hummmm. Never been to Austin. If I leave now I could be there in....
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
I like da profile Dude. You got er finished! Have you flown her yet?
It had one maiden flight on Sunday. The TT 36 Pro was giving us some grief, I didn't want to risk a dead stick so I handed to our local dead stick master. He has the same plane being built and LOVED this one. Flew perfect and went right into a stable hover.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:19 AM
Gravity gets me down.
helicow's Avatar
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,384 Posts
My sister lives in Austin, nice place.

Have not built anything in a while. Need to change that too.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Registered User
VoyagerXll's Avatar
Bloomfield. Nebraska
Joined Jun 2009
58 Posts
I recently came across the elipso series of planes. Some excellent plans and really cool looking planes. I am interested in building the Elipso lite bipe. I am hoping that someone can tell me the wingspan as well as the length. I searched hi and lo on the thread last night and did not find this. I have a cpl of blue wonder motors that I can use, I assume that a blue wonder would be a good choice? Also would this plane work well as just RET?
Thanks for any information on the lite bipe.
Voyager from NE
VoyagerXll is offline Find More Posts by VoyagerXll
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:49 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerXll View Post
I recently came across the elipso series of planes. Some excellent plans and really cool looking planes. I am interested in building the Elipso lite bipe. I am hoping that someone can tell me the wingspan as well as the length. I searched hi and lo on the thread last night and did not find this. I have a cpl of blue wonder motors that I can use, I assume that a blue wonder would be a good choice? Also would this plane work well as just RET?
Thanks for any information on the lite bipe.
Voyager from NE
Hi Voyager,
You may find more info here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1162902

The battery goes on the velcro strip at the cockpit. I recommend reinforcing the main fuselage front, from the landing gear to the firewall with balsa on each side. Hard landings can cause the foam to crack from the weight of the motor. Ask me how I know. Other than that I flew mine many many times. Fun to fly! I don't know how well it would do as a RET being a bipe. May need a larger rudder. Give it a shot!

Post pictures of your build and keep in touch. There's no build thread so if you have any questions please ask, this is a really smart group of guys, excluding myself.

Welcome to the thread and thanks for posting,
Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:05 PM
Gravity gets me down.
helicow's Avatar
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,384 Posts
Anyone trying out this new "RCG facelift"? This could take some time to warm up to this.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Anyone trying out this new "RCG facelift"? This could take some time to warm up to this.
Yes.... Sux... They are taking notes of the complaints so hopefully they will not do the fixed width thing.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:21 PM
Registered User
VoyagerXll's Avatar
Bloomfield. Nebraska
Joined Jun 2009
58 Posts
I have the foam for the elipso lite bipe cut and ready to glue together. Since I have never built a biplane, I am at a loss as to where the CG should be located. Can someone tell me where it should be located on the elipso lite bipe?
Thanks
stan from NE
VoyagerXll is offline Find More Posts by VoyagerXll
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:01 AM
Gravity gets me down.
helicow's Avatar
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Yes.... Sux... They are taking notes of the complaints so hopefully they will not do the fixed width thing.
I agree - I was trying to get used to it because I figured it was going to happen no matter what. I thought the fixed width is from the old days with small monitors, slow connections, etc....

It is not so much the fixed width that bothers me, it is just harder to read, like my groups listings - also things are wrapping too often.
It is funny that things have been used one way for along time, and people are happy and from what I hear, it has the largest community of all sites - why change it?
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerXll View Post
I have the foam for the elipso lite bipe cut and ready to glue together. Since I have never built a biplane, I am at a loss as to where the CG should be located. Can someone tell me where it should be located on the elipso lite bipe?
Thanks
stan from NE
Hi Voyager,
You'll find it here on post number 1358. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...080854&page=91
Good to hear from you and I hope your build is coming along great.
Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,995 Posts
New Sport.... I like it

"Gnat" shooting -RC Planes and Shotguns! (8 min 35 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:35 PM
ExPat
Aero Andy's Avatar
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,597 Posts
Great video, "Gnat Shooting", that's just crazy, never seen anything like it before....LOL
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Low cost XBee/GPS plane locator plans rich smith UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 5 Feb 04, 2009 02:57 PM
Easy way to make a quick, good looking jet Tumbler Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 54 Feb 08, 2005 05:26 PM
How to build a good looking pager motor plane! gbarc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Jul 04, 2004 06:09 PM