HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2015, 04:04 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,885 Posts
Hey thank you very much for the review Brent! I really like mine. Need to find the time to make more! Definitely been slacking off on building lately.

It is amazing how the Scratcho penetrates well. Even with the old version I could take a very light one and throw it out in much too much wind, and it penetrated no problems. I guess it's just a fast foil. It gives them a very wide wind-speed flying envelope!

The sink back of that PU is interesting. It's only happened with the AUS brand PU. It seems like a great product, very active consistent foaming and it seems to be tougher, less brittle, and bonds to the skin better. I suspect the sinkback problem could be simply related to overfill - too much PU for the space available, particularly as this wing is considerably thinner than the old one, and I didn't re-evaluate/ measure the volume. I wouldn't mind trying again, but on the other hand, the half-core method gives a certain result, and with the CNC machine, it's not hard to do - so I don't know whether I'll do PU wings any more. I do love the PU stab and fin though. So quick and easy.
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Last edited by AvB; Feb 06, 2015 at 04:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts