SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2015, 06:11 AM
Find More Posts by Smyk
Queens, NY
Joined Mar 2004
534 Posts
Discussion
KK 2.1.5 flight controller and other gadgets

I would swear that I saw Jim mentioned using the KK 2.1 flight controller on airplane on one the thread here. I can not find it.
I do not fly multi-rotors yet. I do fly large scale gliders and towing planes
I am looking for combination of Flight controller/autopilot/OSD system that would flawlessly work with XPS bits and pieces (system) for safe return home in case of loosing the site the glider . It happens and I am getting older. On board monitoring system in these beasts is a must as well

I will appreciate any suggestions

Mike
Smyk is offline Find More Posts by Smyk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2015, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,942 Posts
Look for "OpenAero2" and "OpenAeroSerial" here on RCGroups. I worked with David to implement the Xtreme protocol and the servo outputs to be like what I use for our products.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by twang
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyk View Post
I would swear that I saw Jim mentioned using the KK 2.1 flight controller on airplane on one the thread here. I can not find it.
I do not fly multi-rotors yet. I do fly large scale gliders and towing planes
I am looking for combination of Flight controller/autopilot/OSD system that would flawlessly work with XPS bits and pieces (system) for safe return home in case of loosing the site the glider . It happens and I am getting older. On board monitoring system in these beasts is a must as well

I will appreciate any suggestions

Mike
KK board won't give you Return To Land. You need to look at APM2.x or Pixhawk for that. GPS is required for position info. there's even a range of mini APM boards if you're short of room. The learning curve is steep but worthwhile. The best value would probably be a Nano feeding CPPM to a mini APM2.x board with a Neo7 GPS embedded outside somewhere.
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang