SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2015, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by jimw1956
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
344 Posts
Mine is pretty solid, but a lot of these motor driven tails tend to drift a bit as the battery depletes I've found.
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
Mine is pretty solid, but a lot of these motor driven tails tend to drift a bit as the battery depletes I've found.
I'm gonna hafta get some time to study up on it, check and make sure everything is 90 on the tail. I bought it used set up RTF and it's flown great, but tail has always had a little drift to it....have just compensated.
I know very little about settings in radio, never messed with it lol . My stuff is all Spektrum, except that one.
train06 is offline Find More Posts by train06
Old Sep 02, 2015, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,873 Posts
The druift in tail is tail servo going south. My first V120 had bad tail servoi from early on. It did hold up to over 300 flights, but had drift. Once I replaced tail servo that ended drift. Don't agree thats just fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
874 Posts
Hmm.....That makes sense, because the drift seems to be getting a tad bit worse. Will have to get one on order. Had to replace a cyclic servo not long ago. The thing went from working to not. Just like that.
train06 is offline Find More Posts by train06
Old Yesterday, 03:21 AM
Find More Posts by sp.nn
Joined Aug 2014
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
My V120 flies great, but makes a noise, kind of a squeal like something in need of lubrication. .
Very likely tail shaft rubbing against the internal brass bushing. Newer style CF tail shaft are thicker walled, and will not fit the brass bushing, and may not produce this noise. Observe the tail fin i hovering, does it vibrate? If so, likely a tail shaft oscillation.
sp.nn is offline Find More Posts by sp.nn
Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM
Find More Posts by oleost
From Norway
Joined Aug 2014
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp.nn View Post
Very likely tail shaft rubbing against the internal brass bushing. Newer style CF tail shaft are thicker walled, and will not fit the brass bushing, and may not produce this noise. Observe the tail fin i hovering, does it vibrate? If so, likely a tail shaft oscillation.
I just replace both my tail boom and tail shaft, noticed there was an brass bushing included with the tail shaft.
But it felt like the tail boom already had something to support the tailshaft in the middle.

Where is that brass bushing supposed to go?
oleost is offline Find More Posts by oleost
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleost View Post
I just replace both my tail boom and tail shaft, noticed there was an brass bushing included with the tail shaft.
But it felt like the tail boom already had something to support the tailshaft in the middle.

Where is that brass bushing supposed to go?

inside the middle of the boom. But it may not fit your boom and it isn't exactly necessary in the first place.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by jimw1956
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
344 Posts
If mine vibrates, it is not much. I have a blade 130 x that vibrates so much I have to hot glut the tail fin.
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by sp.nn
Joined Aug 2014
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
inside the middle of the boom. But it may not fit your boom and it isn't exactly necessary in the first place.
If you have the older style tail boom the bushing will fit nicely, placing one in the center is good. If you remove the drive shaft carefully you may see wear-marks and/or black CF dust residue in certain spots. The dust may settle where there's the least amount of movement from vibration, unless there is some sticky lubricant catching it.
I have used two bushings at 1/3 distances. I imagine the tail-shaft resonates like a piano string.
I use CA on the tail-fin to help the itty bitty screws.
On a related topic, I filed a little off the main-gear, and it behaved like glass filled plastic. This can explain why the brass pinion gets wear, that softer plastic alone could not do.
sp.nn is offline Find More Posts by sp.nn
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,601 Posts
Yeah, Fiber filled plastic is stronger. But it also acts like sand paper on a microscopic level. But I only remember replacing the pinion a couple times from wear. Even my worst one would still fly.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk