HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
So, I am looking at this at the moment. Is it quiet enough to work with inside? If not can someone suggest a quieter one for the same price? I feel like I've asked this before but I forget what thread it was in so I dont know the link.......:embarrased:

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-hors...sor-69269.html

-joker
That is probably just a bit on the loud side, but, the vacuum cleaner is probably twice as loud as that A/C is.

You want to shoot for around 60 Decibels for inside use comfortably.

Joker, here is a link to a kit on Amazon.com, the perfect starter kit for the budding airbrush artist! And you probably wont find a better deal for an all inclusive setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-AIRBRU...e+airbrush+kit
RightcoastRC is offline Find More Posts by RightcoastRC
Last edited by RightcoastRC; Dec 18, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:15 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,271 Posts
That is truly a great deal, but that is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy out of my price range. Remember that I am only 11.............not a lot of cash to work with.

so, that A/C is quieter? Can I just but the A/C and not the other stuff? Thanks

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:04 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
672 Posts
You can get those small air compressors separately, but they are quite expensive, they are specially made for the air brush hobby and are way over priced.

I have a small air compressor similar to the one from Harbor Freight, it works great, but it is extremely noisy, I wear headphone style ear protection when using it due to the noise. Not a big deal for me since I only use it for a very short time.
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman26 View Post
You can get those small air compressors separately, but they are quite expensive, they are specially made for the air brush hobby and are way over priced.

I have a small air compressor similar to the one from Harbor Freight, it works great, but it is extremely noisy, I wear headphone style ear protection when using it due to the noise. Not a big deal for me since I only use it for a very short time.
yeah, I put mine outside the cellar and run the 50' hose inside. better buy headphones for your parents too!

Keep an eye out for a used one on craigslist or freecycle
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:05 AM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
I am thinking of building a 20 foot rc wing and run it on a mamba monster. This is still only being theorized so if any one has any doubts or concerns please let me know. It will be completely homebuilt using consturction foam.
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:10 AM
Pro Bro 209
Ashmore,Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
127 Posts
Sorry for a late post but another way to hold the posterboard down to the depron is spray adhesive. I use 3M45 spray adhesive on the back side of the posterboard to hold everything in place for me.. It will allow you to stick the posterboard to the depron, pull out and paint areas that you want and then replace the posterboard to cover up the painted area without pulling the paint off...Only thing is to spray the posterboard with a very light coat of adhesive....
just finished this 40" DW Foamies Juka for a fella out in Las Vegas....all posterboard stencils and no pins or weights to hold things in place....
flyboyz43 is offline Find More Posts by flyboyz43
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:16 AM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
That is awsem
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:02 AM
Sverige, Södermanlands Län, Eskilstuna
Joined Jan 2008
196 Posts
Nice paint job!
Petrik59 is offline Find More Posts by Petrik59
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:40 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
591 Posts
Most excellent
garyholland is offline Find More Posts by garyholland
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hacker Models Cz Vagabond
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:25 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,600 Posts
Wow, thats amazing flyboyz43!
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:51 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,963 Posts
That is SO cool!
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,271 Posts
Ok, so (as most of you know by now......) I got an airbush for Christmas. It is a Paasche EZ-Starter Airbrush Set, and I also got a Central Pneumatic 3Gal Oiless 100PSI Air Compressor. In the Paasche set, the air hose does not connect to the air valve on the compressor. Where can I get an adapter or am I just doing something wrong?

-joker
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:09 AM
Pro Bro 209
Ashmore,Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
127 Posts
Did you get any coupling ends with the compressor? The larger female end on the airbrush airhose just needs a male coupling so you can plug it into the female coupling on the compressor...
flyboyz43 is offline Find More Posts by flyboyz43
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:16 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,271 Posts
Yes, maybe.....I will check again.

-joker
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:28 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Ok, so (as most of you know by now......) I got an airbush for Christmas. It is a Paasche EZ-Starter Airbrush Set, and I also got a Central Pneumatic 3Gal Oiless 100PSI Air Compressor. In the Paasche set, the air hose does not connect to the air valve on the compressor. Where can I get an adapter or am I just doing something wrong?

-joker
Since you got a Harbor Freight compressor, you can just go back there and get the couplers/adapters you need. Go to a hardware store and get some teflon tape to help seal the threads when you put them together
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...