SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:33 AM
Joined Nov 2014
23 Posts
Discussion
RC Sim Question / Newbie

My wife bought me a DX6 for Christmas and if I understand this correctly I can buy simulator software and plug the DX6 into my pc I can use with the software?

If so that is very cool. Since I am new at this I can practice at home before going out and destroying these planes.

Do they have the same planes in the software such as the Champ, Radian, Sport Cub S, and Super Cub?

And finally does anyone have any recommendations on software?

Appreciate the help....
jobinseattle is offline Find More Posts by jobinseattle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,765 Posts
Yes any of the main simulators will work with a DX6.

Most of the planes you name are Horizon models. You're most likely to find them in the Phoenix simulator, which is pretty good and is sold by Horizon in the US. That's the sim I have.

Realflight is probably the other major commercial sim but I haven't used the latest version of that sold I'll let someone else tell you about it.

There are also a few FREE simulators available which are reasonable...but in general the commercial sims beat them easily, i.e. you get what you pay for.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:57 PM
Joined Nov 2014
23 Posts
Thanks, Does the DX6 come with the cable needed to hook up to the PC or does that need to be purchased?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 03:52 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,765 Posts
With all the commercial sims the cable comes with the simulator purchase...and it is more than just a cable, it operates as a "dongle" (copy protection device). If you ever lose it the software will no longer work.

Free sim software like RCDeskPilot will need you to buy a cable...but it doesn't cost a lot.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:16 PM
Joined Nov 2014
23 Posts
Thanks again, I checked out the demo Phoenix simulator. I was impressed. I have heard of simulator software before but I had no idea you could actually use the same transmitter you would use for the planes. Very cool. Looks like something else I need to purchase. However this is cheaper in the long run than replacing planes. I have gone through three already.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 06:56 PM
United States, IN, St John
Joined Mar 2011
77 Posts
Best thing i ever did was buy the phoenix sim... Definitely a confidence builder
weedsnager is offline Find More Posts by weedsnager