HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:27 PM
So many projects...
United States, IN, West Lafayette
Joined Oct 2009
130 Posts
Question
Futaba charge adapter

I just purchased a T8J set and added the recommended Tx NiMH battery. Then I found that the charge chord I used with my previous Futaba FM radio will not mate with the socket in the T8J... too big.

Futaba is willing to sell me the correct plug with leads but no banana terminals, but the freight cost is almost the same as the part cost !

Anyone have a solution for this? I use an AccuCycle charger, so I need the banana connectors, but I can't think it would be too hard to find a pre-made charge lead.

Thanks for the help!

soarguy
soarguy is offline Find More Posts by soarguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:48 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,973 Posts
Take items to electrical Component shop ... they will have all the connectors and suitable lead to make up a connection for you. Many will construct the lead for you if you don't have the skills.

No need to pay inflated prices.

My chargers have multi plugs on ends of leads - made up by me ... so I can charge all variety of items. As example - I have JR as well as 9x etc. - which have reversed polarity charge plug ... JR is -ve pin, Futaba is +ve pin ...

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife