SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 22, 2012, 03:31 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Rudder Search

G’day breakwater,

Good on you for taking time to preserve an older design. While they don’t meet new standards, there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from refurbishing the boat and sailing it at your local club.

Keep up the search for the rudder, you’re bound to find one and if not, build one that conforms to your keel dimensions as suggested.

Don’t forget to keep us posted on your progress; the odd photo would be good to see.

Bob.
Viking50 is offline Find More Posts by Viking50
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Can you help?

G'day Ozzie EC12 Skippers,
Would anyone be able to help locate fellow EC12 skipper Harry Gueest?

Harry has three EC12's one of which is the current standard that he purchased from NZ. Harry is located in Nowra on the south coast of NSW.

Any contact information would be greatfully received.

Thanks for reading this post.

Bob S.
Old May 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec12nz View Post

https://picasaweb.google.com/1129638.../OriginalHull#

Once you have looked at them please feel free to click on the word photos at top right under my name where alot of other EC12 pics I have taken...
Chris

Thanks for the link to your photos over the years. Great to see some of the action from years past.. Especially the Australian Championship from 2008.

Some good looking boats there..

Cheers

John
waboats is offline Find More Posts by waboats
Old May 26, 2012, 08:14 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
ARYA Historian - Recovery

ARYA Historian – Stephen Crewes

Our best wishes go out to Steve as he continues his recovery following a two week stint in the RPA hospital.

Take good care of yourself Steve; you are missed by all your sailing mates.

Best Regards,

Bob
Old May 26, 2012, 09:04 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
East Coast Sailing Association - (ECSA)

Club sailing: One of the many advantages to living in Sydney is having a beautiful harbour at your door step that provides so many excellent RC sailing venues. Kogarah Bay is one such location hosting venues for a number of clubs.

The ESCA is one such club conducting their racing activities from Carrs Park at the Western end of the bay. With thanks to Leigh Grove (Secretary ECSA), Leigh has provided a number of photos highlighting the sailing in a picturesque Bay.

Thanks Leigh.
Old May 27, 2012, 01:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking50 View Post
ARYA Historian – Stephen Crewes

Our best wishes go out to Steve as he continues his recovery following a two week stint in the RPA hospital.

Take good care of yourself Steve; you are missed by all your sailing mates.

Best Regards,

Bob
Bob

Sorry to hear Steve is back in Hospital. Complications from the last visit or something less serious ?

Is he still capable of getting the EC12 up & going for the Morgan Black Regatta in Qld ?

No doubt he will be trying hard to get you to accompany him.

Give him my best & let him know we are all wishing him weel for his recovery.,

John
Old May 27, 2012, 03:56 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Medical Condition - Steve Crewes

G'day John,
I'm not fully conversant with Steve's medical issues however, they were serious enough to land him in the heart ward of the RPA. As I think I understand his condition, the initial problem stemmed from his ongoing leg issues that became infected, this in turn spread the infection to his heart pace-maker. Sorry for my lack of medical knowledge however, we should pass on our thanks to the medical staff at the RPA for their professional diligence and great nursing care.

As for the Morgan Black, that's a huge yes, I don't think anything could stop him from attending. Being the avid EC12 enthusiast he is, I'm sure he will get there one way or another and yes again, he has the pressure on me to take him to the event. This is good opportunity for the ARYA to support the EC12 class and showcase the Queensland Sunshine Coastal region to the International competitors.

Regards,

Bob
Last edited by Viking50; May 28, 2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Ammendment
Old May 27, 2012, 04:04 AM
Silly Old Fart
New Zealand, Wellington, Masterton
Joined Mar 2006
228 Posts
For those that don`t know him, here are a couple of pictures of the old bugger from one of his good friends.
Get well soon mate cos I want to come over there and beat you on the water. LOL.
CaptainBit is online now Find More Posts by CaptainBit
Old May 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Paraparaumu
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
This will be a great coup for the ARYA
Sorry to rain on the regatta but not so.

When the first Morgan Black was organised by some here in NZ (I was involved in this) and then held in NZ in 2006 it was agreed amongst those attending that the event should become a triennial event with the next to be held in USA in 2009 (tick that off) followed by Australia in 2012. There was to be no formal commitee or organisition other than the belief that an enthisiastic local EC12 crew would sort it out and just make it happen without politics and boll*cks. The gentlemans discussion way back in 2005 and 2006 from where this event was born was that if it looks like an EC12, is registered in its home country as an EC12, then it could and should particpate - no need for National Bodies to be involved or to take control of.

Both events held so far have been organised in this manner - it just so happened that here in NZ and also in the USA the class owners organised it and had support here in NZ of the Owners Association and in the USA the support of the AMYA Class Secretary. Neither National Body had anything to do with the events being organised or happening.

Due to ructions and debates this has been delayed for 12 months to Feb 2013 in Australia. The ARYA IMHO have had sweet FA to do with organising or getting the event to Australia and given the state of play should have input either. The decison that the 2012 event in Australia to be held was made between some friends at the side of a pond - nothing to do with ARYA!

For those that have been to both events so far (and there are only 4 people - me, 1 other in NZ and 2 from the US) this method of event organistaion should remain for this event - a bunch of like minded people gathering at any location and having a play with their toys and then someone there saying - yup I'll sort out the next one. SIMPLE IS AND SIMPLE WORKS.
ec12nz is offline Find More Posts by ec12nz
Last edited by ec12nz; May 27, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:39 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
ARYA Contact

Chris,

No need to rain on our parade,,,, sadly,,,,, someone has led you up the garden path again.

The running of the 2013 Morgan Black has been authorised by the ARYA following application from both the QRYA and the former AEC12OA. Please contact the ARYA President for verification. E-mail l.a.walker3@bigpond.com

In addition, nothing can be taken away from Peter Morris in his determination in bringing the Morgan Black competition to Australia. His efforts are well known among the Australian EC12 owners and the credit justly rests with Peter..

Like it or not, the EC12 class remains governed by the national body, Australian Radio Yachting Association (ARYA). Subsequently, I hereby advise ALL posters, if you have any question relating to ARYA responsibilities, contact the ARYA Executive committee; they have the facts and details that may not common knowledge.

I’m sure we all agree with your view of simplicity and I’ll add common sense, it’s a great philosophy to live by and as you say,,,,, it works extremely well.

Bob S.
Last edited by Viking50; May 27, 2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Correction
Old May 28, 2012, 01:17 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Paraparaumu
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
The running of the 2013 Morgan Black has been authorised by the ARYA following application from both the QRYA and the former AEC12OA. ........
In addition, nothing can be taken away from Peter Morris in his determination in bringing the Morgan Black competition to Australia. His efforts are well known among the Australian EC12 owners and the credit justly rests with Peter
Could not agree more Bob - Straw's tenacity is well worth bottling he has worked so hard to get the mold etc and this event happening.

Yes the event has been"authorised by AMYA" but please accept my comments above as they have had sweet FA to do with organising or fostering the MB other than to "authorise" it. To give them the cudos is not correct and all goes to Straw's tenacity and dogged determination as he sought to do the right thing by going via ARYA to host the event. If some of the shenanigans and stalling had not of happened for reasons we shall never be privy to, this event could of and should of happened earlier this year as originally planned.
ec12nz is offline Find More Posts by ec12nz
Old May 28, 2012, 02:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Chris

Unfortunately in Australia no Local Council/Shire or municipality will allow the use of their Facilities (public open space as they are) without proper Insurance coverage.

This falls to the ARYA Policy & affiliated Clubs. So unless those people involved are prepared to pay the $1000's of $$$'s to run an event & have their "own insurance" then they unfortunately have to rely upon the good graces of the ARYA..

And Politically speaking to diminish ARYA perception of control is not an outcome that would be desirable for any club or class, including the EC12 Class. It's an unfortunate consequence within Australia.

But having said this I support & commend the individuals involved to Organise a Regatta under the NOR & the Authority of ARYA, without whom it could not proceed.

http://www.ec12.org.au/?page_id=149

Perhaps this is not the place to discuss the Politics of Australian Radio Sailing & best left to those that have a vent for such things.. If only we could remove politics from this sport & it would be a far happier & enjoyable place..

Cheers

John
Old May 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
John

John you are correct the politics are not wanted here this forum is here for a path of information to let other boat owners know what their club is doing and generally what has been placed on this forum untill the last couple of posts.

Please keep it to a source of information otherwise it will be shut down.
The politics are not wanted here if you cannot respect that you are not welcome to make any posts on this forum

Colin
colin d is offline Find More Posts by colin d
Old May 30, 2012, 08:08 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Future Generations

How do we involve and maintain interest for the Younger generation?

This is a topic being discussed at every level of the sports administration, while good ideas are placed into practice, the retention rate of our future generation appears to decrease at an alarming rate.

I have had reasonable success with my grandson at social sailing (club) events but he has no interest in competition; perhaps this is due in part to a lack of juniors with similar age or the intense adult dialogue combined with those skippers shouting sailing rules (and imaginary rules) as they negotiate the course?

The only hope I have left is that he will remember the fun times he had sailing with his family and their friends and in years to come, he may have that spark and desire to return to the sport.

If you have any ideas or experiences with capturing our future generation, please join in and share your thoughts.

Bob S.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Great Post Bob.

Good to see the younger ones taking an interest.. Keep it up..

Maybe you should consider posting the photo on this thread as well. (Favourite Photos)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...332523&page=17

Some nice EC12 shots there as well.

Cheers

John
Closed Thread