SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:12 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
What size is it? I'm interested in Cubs right now because I'm looking for motivation to do CreoleBaby's.

Here is a thread you might all find interesting, some of you can probably help this guy. I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool but stuff like this makes me smile.

http://www.teamflyingcircus.com/foru...finished-6639/
I can get the details, I know its a sig, and it has a MT Gasser that is electronic ignition. The Floats are new and were like 250 dollars allone and he wants 350 for all.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I can get the details, I know its a sig, and it has a MT Gasser that is electronic ignition. The Floats are new and were like 250 dollars allone and he wants 350 for all.
I'm looking for floats for the 1/3 Cub.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:29 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Looking at the pic I would say its probably 1/4 scale? I see what looks like a lawn chair there?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:30 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Anybody know anything about the GP 88? Looks strong and only $650. It may be a better fit for the Cub.
Last edited by plowboy1966; Oct 01, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:57 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,045 Posts
DOG nice Gee Bee Vid LOL I loved the bow at the end Just like we do LOL

Plow That is good story for sure on that Cub, I'd recommend he def use an elevator on it though, I had a few of those Rudder only planes and they weren't always success on the first flight, it took some tweaking and crashes to get it right but was still awesome to fly. slow roll out is the key lol if built great and right on the money for the CG she should fly awesome on the first flight, I'm stoked he's going to do a silk or paper and Dope wrap on the thing at least that way any mishaps will most likely not result in much damage as those baby's are pretty strong, it usually takes quite an impact to break anything. I'll be following that build for sure..
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:57 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Looking at the pic I would say its probably 1/4 scale? I see what looks like a lawn chair there?
It might be 1/4... That is a lawn chair and I would say I was looking at the tip of the rudder being around 5 feet standing there.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:00 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Here is a bit more tumbly video from yesterday

Arron Bates Manheim 2012 (8 min 46 sec)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
DOG.....I enoyed the videos, but there's this aggravating motorcycle noise in the background........is that a neighbor getting even?

Today the float gets replaced on the outboard!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG.....I enoyed the videos, but there's this aggravating motorcycle noise in the background........is that a neighbor getting even?
Yeah... The dirt bikes and 4 wheelers were at the left end of the runway... If it were legal, they would have been targets. Not sure where they were from, there were several.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:54 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Dog, your friend is really good! Excellent camera work too!!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
I am the Ernie of the midwest!
Joined Jan 2011
953 Posts
We had a good turn out yesterday for flying. When I arrived I was surprised to see Kerwin50 there. I thought he was going on a picnic with momma but she wasnt feeling well. So we ended up having about nine guys there.
The first thing I did when I got there was to check Kerwin50's shoe just in case he was going to do some upskirt/shorts videoing. Nope we were all safe. In fact nobody brought a camera. (bummer).

There was only one crash, a deadstick occurred and he attempted to land going upwind but when he turned the plane it stalled and ended up on the ground with repairable damage.

The weather was just about perfect. Kerwin50 only flew electrics, he had his Edge flying great doing all sorts of spins, the plane sounds like a jar full of angry horse flys. (Waldo would have love the sound). Kerwin50 left a little early, I think he was worried about momma.

All in all, good day of flying with great friends. Life is good!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Lt. Dan.......if there ain't any pictures.......it didn't happen.

Outboard is now running sweet! The cost to replace lines, filters, float, and gaskets......$123 and change.......all because of ethanol added to the gasoline!!!!!

Weather man is calling for snow near the end of the week.............lousy bastard! him and the cloud he rode in on!

I think I better go partridge hunting otherwise I'll be wearing snowshoes to hunt in if I wait much longer!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
OK, you have email Snowman.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Started the Mother Ship today. Doing pictures and videos.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
I am the Ernie of the midwest!
Joined Jan 2011
953 Posts
[QUOTE=snowman;22884569]Lt. Dan.......if there ain't any pictures.......it didn't happen.

Outboard is now running sweet! The cost to replace lines, filters, float, and gaskets......$123 and change.......all because of ethanol added to the gasoline!!!!!

My outboard motor hasnt been the same since we have been forced to use ethanol.

Snowman- our club is in the middle of coming up with a photo/picture policy at the field since we have had an issue with a member (who shall remain nameless), taping a camera on his shoe and walking up behind people on the flightline...........
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49