New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2015, 03:32 AM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
3,827 Posts
Vid is 3yrs old ..no 3d ..just messing around...Expo is 10 only on ail...
EDGE CLOSE ENCOUNTERS (6 min 51 sec)
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2015, 03:35 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3,827 Posts
recent vid if Inverza....expo 10...only on ail..
05 18 15 Inverza Hovering & Harrying Low (4 min 11 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
6,454 Posts
I think I'll add a LemonRx stabiliser to my QQ. I've got the adapters and I can't see a little extra weight hurting. I might even add a satellite, not being a fan of a single antenna on anything but UMX...

Yes I realise this plane doesn't need a gyro, but my Viking benefits in the wind from AS3X, so I'm happy to open the envelope a little further for this Edge!
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by DGrant
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow View Post
Get out there and fly when you are able...great therapy. Be sure to dial in plenty of expo, or you will have little crumbly foam bits where you used to have a plane. With expo, it's a good little flyer.
Thanks for that info... I've found these types of planes and heli's from Horizon are all pretty good performers... and they're really great offerings for something that's bacically RTF(aside from a few things of course..) that we can get in the air in a matter of minutes really.

I'm not seeing anything lately from Horizon this year though really... In prior years we had the PZ Extra300(I have one)... we had the PZ Gunfighter P-51BL... The Blade SR120 heli.. and a few other helis that were all very decent... (actually I have all these, and a few more..)

I'm curious about the Viking too... but I've got to fly this one first...ha. I've been on a building binge lately too, as I had a hip-replacement a month ago, and the building stuff offers great therapy when the weather's cold, and the joints are stiff...

I'm gearing to fly after the first of the year... and the weather warms up some. I've got some pretty big glow and gas projects ready to fly...

This little Edge will offer very easy handling for someone that just wants to get out and have fun, and not have to lug all the support gear, and handle a large plane... Just perfect to get back in the swing... That might be why I saved it, and didn't even know it... Its like a Christmas present from me to me... ha.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Dec 13, 2015, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by Hugo Flynow
Fond of Foam
United States, MD, Ridge
Joined Oct 2015
1,878 Posts
Be careful...the Edge is extremely nimble...barrel rolls are like a spinning drill bit...LOL. landing is a challenge, and if you land too hard, you stand a good chance of frying the rudder servo..(happened to me) I personally hate the Z Foam the Edge and Viking have, and the digital servos can be very fragile. For the same amount of money for a Viking you could get an awesome Rochobby Waco from MotionRC. It's a beautiful plane and the foam is amazing. It handles really nice! Even a Pitts Biplane from HK is under $100 and is really nice and not too big at all.

For the money there are so many better choices than the Viking...and I am a fan of Eflite. I have 2 Dallas Doll P51's and the big P47D on it's way.

If you want something you don't have to put together, all thos little UMX planes are great as long as you pair them with a decent TX. I kept losing signal with my RTF UMX planes until I bound them with a DX5 I got for $69. never lost signal since!

Good luck....buying a new plane is half the fun.
Hugo Flynow is offline Find More Posts by Hugo Flynow
Old Dec 13, 2015, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3,827 Posts
Easy to land ,,,even in strong wind......
flying Edge in 15 + winds (7 min 20 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:50 PM
Fond of Foam
United States, MD, Ridge
Joined Oct 2015
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Easy to land ,,,even in strong wind......https://youtu.be/TfNDEbh4_ao
You just have awesome flying skills! I don't know how you do it with so little expo. I'm old to flying but 3D is new to me, and my Edge has a mishmash of servos now, I need all the expo I can get. It's nice to see what that plane can realy do in capable hands! awesome job!

I know I'm going to offend someone but I have to say it was nice you were able to get Stevie Wonder to do your videography... (So sorry, really sorry...)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
6,454 Posts
I didn't think these 280s were Z foam.

Z foam is EPO is it not? I'm sure these are EPS...
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Dec 14, 2015, 04:18 AM
Find More Posts by Chris_J
Manchester Man in Munich!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Oct 2015
216 Posts
Could anyone please give a brief list of common issues with this plane, which I assume would also be applicable to the Inverza? From what I've read so far, I see there's some sort of issue with the tail wheel, weak servos and perhaps the quality of the foam?

I was hoping that this was a decent quality offering from E-Flite but perhaps I should hang fire a bit if I risk frying servos on landings lol!
Chris_J is online now Find More Posts by Chris_J
Old Dec 14, 2015, 09:27 AM
Fond of Foam
United States, MD, Ridge
Joined Oct 2015
1,878 Posts
Foam is super light bit brittle and crumbly

Digital servos can be a problem...most common is one rough landing can fry the rudder servo....happened to me. The servos by nature are fragile. Of course some have had no problems at all, so it's luck of the draw.

A magazine, either MAN, or Electric Flight, I forget which one.. tested the Viking and had the esc overheat and fry on the 2nd flight. I'm surprised they mentioned it, as magazine reviews are always positive, so they don't lose any advertisers.

personally I think they are decent planes overall, and people like Dalecheek really can show what these planes are capable of, but should be a little cheaper. Really, $169 is way too much for what you get. I got the Last Edge for a $120 closeout price last year which is what it should sell at. $169 can buy a LOT of airlplane..you can buy the new Flyzone Extra 300 at Tower for that even before you use a coupon!!! And the Extra is awesome...I have one. (Side force generators I put on myself)
Old Dec 16, 2015, 04:13 AM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Oct 2015
216 Posts
Cheers for the info!

BTW, we don't seem to have an Inverza thread on here. Maybe wasn't as popular as the Edge!?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
13,483 Posts
Inverza thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1865930
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:04 AM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Oct 2015
216 Posts
Thank you. Wasn't coming up in my search and disappeared off the Micro RTF radar!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
13,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_J View Post
Thank you. Wasn't coming up in my search and disappeared off the Micro RTF radar!
No problem my friend
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick