Old Jul 10, 2016, 04:42 AM
Find More Posts by AUS 22897
Jeti DS-16
Australia, VIC, Surrey Hills
Joined Jul 2014
12 Posts
Discussion
Jeti Models Australia - Hints, help and handy stuff.

Jeti Model products are the relative "new kid on the block" with their high end radio control products. With quite a few of these units making their way onto the Australian market now, I was thinking that an Australian thread focusing on the product might be useful.

A place for news, photos, hints and other stuff that might help the current users along and/or provide guidance to those who may be thinking of trying the Jeti product.

Not a place to openly bag the product (or other brands) just because you don't like it - there are plenty of other threads for that, nor to have a go at others just for their opinions. Just useful information, constructive comparisons, help and personal experience - good or bad.

It is a system with many possibilities and ultimately can be customised to your needs and wants, but it needs you to spend time to get to know it.

The 16/24 channel transmitters are not cheap ($2000 - $2400) but the pricing now falls in line with the high end transmitter products offered by the big three (all of which are excellent units). I believe where Jeti have the advantage is in their very well priced receivers and telemetry products.

Of course, time will tell with their acceptance and reliance.
AUS 22897 is offline Find More Posts by AUS 22897
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by kinundrum
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
I absolutely love mine and happy I sold My DX18QQ!!!
kinundrum is offline Find More Posts by kinundrum
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by DMSS.Flyer
Joined Jun 2014
32 Posts
Jeti Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinundrum View Post
I absolutely love mine and happy I sold My DX18QQ!!!
Lets see some pics of your install in the pylon racers. Which receivers are you using?

Keith.
DMSS.Flyer is offline Find More Posts by DMSS.Flyer
Old Jul 10, 2016, 08:39 PM
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSS.Flyer View Post
Lets see some pics of your install in the pylon racers. Which receivers are you using?

Keith.
I use the 5 channel and 6 channel light receivers. Usually I fit the antenna thought the fuse with the SPM6824 to give a neat exit. But I couldn't find any for this model. I use a thin plastic tube followed by heat shrink over that to give it a little more strength.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 08:43 PM
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
Also check out Pimp Your Jeti they do great reusable and customizable decals for all jeti radios. Their clear screen protector is cut perfect and is crystal clear.

This is my radio decal that I had made.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,039 Posts
It's a brilliant radio! Been using a DS16 since May last year.

Love the telemetry output available direct to my radio. I also have the Profi box for my caller. Gives them some cool info like speed, altitude, G Meter and Fuel usage.

Also it's a very easy radio to change switches on. I used one of the safety switches for my idle switch.

One of my friends flies completely off the fuel reading now, I'm still rocking the timer but have found my settings are now pretty accurate so will start to transfer over to fuel % only for flight time. We just setup the radio so you tilt it back towards you and it reads out the fuel usage.

I also use the Dual Path mode for the RX. I run a satellite which gives me another input if needed but also then uses all 4 aerials.
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:23 AM
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_D View Post
It's a brilliant radio! Been using a DS16 since May last year.

Love the telemetry output available direct to my radio. I also have the Profi box for my caller. Gives them some cool info like speed, altitude, G Meter and Fuel usage.

Also it's a very easy radio to change switches on. I used one of the safety switches for my idle switch.

One of my friends flies completely off the fuel reading now, I'm still rocking the timer but have found my settings are now pretty accurate so will start to transfer over to fuel % only for flight time. We just setup the radio so you tilt it back towards you and it reads out the fuel usage.

I also use the Dual Path mode for the RX. I run a satellite which gives me another input if needed but also then uses all 4 aerials.
I recently installed my air speed sensor too! Wow
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:25 AM
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSS.Flyer View Post

Keith.
Keith, this is what I bought for my planes.5,6,7 channels
Old Jul 12, 2016, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Curare
KE your cub.
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jun 2005
4,518 Posts
That pipe for the Profi looks a little interesting...
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Jul 19, 2016, 04:52 PM
Joined May 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare View Post
That pipe for the Profi looks a little interesting...
It is a Mees pipee. that has been the choice of lots of Pilots for F3D