Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Cool
Simple way to bungee EDF jet with or without the main gear.

If you are not brave enough to hand launch your model this is the simple and safer way to do it. You can use the main landing gear and instead of the nose gear install ply fin, shaped as a hook. I have been launching this way various size of models pulling the bungee accordinly. 100% success, Joseph.

C:\Users\joseph\Videos\P1020083.mp4 (4 min 49 sec)
jofro is online now Find More Posts by jofro
Last edited by jofro; Jul 04, 2016 at 01:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by RWCLOUD
Fresno CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,751 Posts
Cool! How much tension? You spool up first?
RWCLOUD is offline Find More Posts by RWCLOUD
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCLOUD View Post
Cool! How much tension? You spool up first?
The tension? just use the feel, I pull mine about 3X the length of the bungee. All depends on the model. I can get 120km/h in one second if I pull it back bit harder. I tension bungee first then use my mouth to advance throttle and let go! I find the models with all moving EL. stabs need lot less tension then ones with the tabs. It's piece of cake, Joe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:49 AM
Find More Posts by kimhey
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,170 Posts
Nice! Simple and effective
kimhey is offline Find More Posts by kimhey
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:44 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhey View Post
Nice! Simple and effective
Hi, is the Holmenkolen new ski jump under snow cover yet? Joe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:46 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,170 Posts
Hi there!

Amazing that the "news" about the new Holmenkollen ski jump has reached the other side of our globe Snow..normally at this time of year...yes. But the snow seems to be a bit late this season..but freezing cold it is!!

So, I enjoyed watching your vid in more ways than just bungee-vise

Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:08 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhey View Post
Hi there!

Amazing that the "news" about the new Holmenkollen ski jump has reached the other side of our globe Snow..normally at this time of year...yes. But the snow seems to be a bit late this season..but freezing cold it is!!

So, I enjoyed watching your vid in more ways than just bungee-vise

No snow?, that means your 339 must be doing lot of flying. Do you use gloves with your finger tips cut out? That new jump complex must be the most spectaculer on the globe, I watch the summer and winter WC on Eurosport. Thanks for enjoying my vid. finaly the bloke I gave the cam today could handle it bit better, but using only 6S it's lot slower, easier to follow, Joe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:44 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,170 Posts
Luckily for me (and my fellow club members), our airstrip is 300 feet from a full size aerodrome...(yes, we have several flight rules to follow) When snowis removed, our airstrip is also swept

Winter flying requires lots of clothes, and my "radiowarm". I often put used lipos inside as well
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
I don't think I would be able to bungee my EDF's with all that gear on! When I used to live further south in Highlands it got to only 0-5deg C. and my hands couldn't handle more then 3min. flying scale helis only those days. I rather take up ski jumping in winter season, Joe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
I don't think I would be able to bungee my EDF's with all that gear on! When I used to live further south in Highlands it got to only 0-5deg C. and my hands couldn't handle more then 3min. flying scale helis only those days. I rather take up ski jumping in winter season, Joe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by brunobrazil
Joined Nov 2008
170 Posts
Wow! great way to launch a huge edf plane! But next time, don´t forget to put som sunscreen on the Hawk. That way it won´t get all that red sunburn!
brunobrazil is offline Find More Posts by brunobrazil
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunobrazil View Post
Wow! great way to launch a huge edf plane! But next time, don´t forget to put som sunscreen on the Hawk. That way it won´t get all that red sunburn!
No sun up here, it's been raining day after day! My other one is in jet black with fixed landing gear I fly on 8S at 2650 Watts, huge diference lot harder to follow with the video cam, Joe.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 01:43 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
I was hoping today to test fly my "F16" for the first time with all the accessory gear under wings but the cross wind gust came up early so I chicken out for my "F18" as a bungee launcher. This is a great model that sounds in the air like a small jet turbine. I run it only on 6S5000mA and I can get with some throttle management 6-7min. flight time, which I find great for 90mm EDF of this size. During below video flight I have used 1950mA from my batt. pack. Just over year ago when I completed this model I used the stock retracts which worked fine on sealed strip but it didn't handle grass at all so I converted it to simple bungee launcher having done close to 90 flights to date, Joe.
P1020095.mp4 (6 min 58 sec)
Last edited by jofro; Nov 26, 2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spell
Old Jul 04, 2016, 01:40 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
Bit of update well overdue, 5 year delay but here we come again, great day to celebrate the Independence Day in "paradiso". Enjoy and very HAPPY DAY!
P1070737 (1 min 2 sec)

GOPR1089 (4 min 23 sec)

GOPR1088 (4 min 24 sec)
Old Jul 17, 2016, 02:09 AM
Find More Posts by jofro
Joined Jan 2010
4,412 Posts
What a bungee launching day, middle of the winter.
GOPR1108 (4 min 16 sec)