HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:57 PM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Build Log
1/72 Steregushchy

Well, it's taken a while, but finally, that Deckie guy is actually building something

No seriously, I have the hull for a 1/72 Steregushchy class Corvette on the way from Southern Cross Models in Victoria, and various bits of kit from Hobbyking.

It's small enough for me to work on in my cabin on base, and not trash it (the cabin).

One question though, how easy is it to get in touch with G.T. Sitek, i've sent a few emails about running gear in the last few weeks and have had no reply. I know he produced a set of running gear for a completely Scratch built Steregushchy in very early 2013 (that builder had plans drawn up by a retired naval architect and was meant to release them for sale, still hasn't done so), and I know he can produce a set again, but how on earth do you get in contact with him????.

Edit:
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum...p?f=49&t=44470

Seek and you shall find.

And it seems Fleetscale have a set. Duly ordered.

Cheers all.

Mike
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Last edited by Deckie; Oct 12, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:55 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,363 Posts
Mike the Fleetscale running set is by George Sitek! So it is good work. There are a few Stergies under construction across OZ now (Approx. 6 that I know of!!) I can also source some sweet motors for her too...

Check out Dave Wooleys "Kashtan" CWIS build on http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum...?f=13&t=114097

Cheers Bruce

PS Southern Cross Models are Based in NSW....not Vic!! (Tim did my club mate Jim's USS Missouri hull and a couple of the lads have his Kirov hull (one's over there in Perth...) his hulls are a superb bit of work)

PSS So we can sign you up soon to TF72......???
HeavyCruser9 is offline Find More Posts by HeavyCruser9
Old Oct 14, 2013, 07:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCruser9 View Post
Mike the Fleetscale running set is by George Sitek! So it is good work. There are a few Stergies under construction across OZ now (Approx. 6 that I know of!!) I can also source some sweet motors for her too...

Check out Dave Wooleys "Kashtan" CWIS build on http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum...?f=13&t=114097

Cheers Bruce

PS Southern Cross Models are Based in NSW....not Vic!! (Tim did my club mate Jim's USS Missouri hull and a couple of the lads have his Kirov hull (one's over there in Perth...) his hulls are a superb bit of work)

PSS So we can sign you up soon to TF72......???
My bad, apologies to Tim for the wrong location!

I noticed the Kirov hull, both on his site and in your coverage of TF72 over in Wagga earlier in the year.

Good to hear there are a few Steregushchy's in the works in Aus, i'll need all the advice I can get. Of course my biggest problem is workspace as always, but the missus' may be getting her final uni placement over here in WA so that will soon be rectified.

No sweat mate with the propulsion department, I have motors and ESC's on the way from hobbyking that I really want to try, got good results on FeCalc. And i'll look into the Fleetscale running gear, I didn't realise they stocked it!!! but that's what forums are for

And I promise, once I have mine to a working stage with the vestiges of a superstructure fitted, I will sign up with TF72

EDIT:

I'm struggling to find the running set on the Fleetscale site. I can find the hull, and the plans... that's all.

FURTHER EDIT:

Thanks for the link to the thread on the KASHTAN build, i'll be reading that till I hit the sack tonight
Last edited by Deckie; Oct 14, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 03:09 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,363 Posts
Oooops my mistake they don't stock it!! Hop on the Fleetscale forum and ask the question And they may get George to make em??

Cheers Bruce

I shall post some pics of the partially constructed Stergy my mate Scott bought when it arrives end of next week....
Old Oct 16, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Nah it's alright mate.

I got in contact with George yesterday, he's been having server problems on his end that have prevented him from replying as quickly as he'd like of late, all sorted

It's going to be interesting to see if the hull successfully makes it on to the island.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:40 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,363 Posts
Your ship will join a growing Russian contingent over there mate ! A Kirov, a Soveremny(however its spelt...) and your Stergiy....oh and a Typhoon

Bruce
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCruser9 View Post
Your ship will join a growing Russian contingent over there mate ! A Kirov, a Soveremny(however its spelt...) and your Stergiy....oh and a Typhoon

Bruce
A Typhoon!

P.S.

It'll be the only 1:72 Stergiy built on-board a naval base
Last edited by Deckie; Oct 16, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2013, 04:06 AM
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
So we get back from deployment this afternoon, and what's the first thing I do? is it straight to the bar for a beer? on the phone to the missus? NO.... it's straight to the mailroom for hull, running gear and an extensive set of Fleetscale plans

More to follow in the coming months, please be patient as SIRIUS has a very busy FGP for the coming year.
Old Dec 03, 2013, 10:42 PM
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Feb 2009
909 Posts
Watching
Guard-Officer is offline Find More Posts by Guard-Officer
Old Dec 07, 2013, 02:41 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,363 Posts
We did a test run cruise here today with Scott's little Russian Corvette, Vince's Commandant class corvette, Richee's HMAS Darwin FFG04, Nick's LCS2 and I took USS California along.

Scott had a big 12v 4.4Ah SLA (Big square one) in his and she rocked around a bit,but has great speed, Vince uses a smaller 2.2Ah 12v SLA lower CG SLA and is much more stable.

Here are a couple of pix...

Cheers Bruce
Old Jun 29, 2014, 07:45 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,363 Posts
Any progress mate??
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:26 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Wrexham
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Bloomin' slacker! Get on with it Deckie!

Is it finished yet Mister?

Robert Davies is offline Find More Posts by Robert Davies
Old Jun 30, 2014, 03:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Don't see what I can do on it when it's in WA and I've been in Sydney with Sirius Since May..... back in WA in October . Patience fellas which reminds me I need to send in my TF72 Application form.

Oh and George recently sent an email that he's finalised his production set for the Steregushchy in 1:72, they should be available for order in the near-term.
Last edited by Deckie; Jun 30, 2014 at 03:15 AM.