Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,403 Posts
Discussion
I Have RF 5.5 - Is There A Sim That Has Better (Larger) Plane Rendering?

I can never get the planes on RF 5.5 to appear large enough when flying to suit me. I think I have tried every possible setting and have also talked to the RF support folks about it without good results.

Is there another Sim that will render a larger airplane image while flying?

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
RealFlight has different zoom types. You will find this under the View menu. Keep Ground in View best simulates what you see at an actual flying site. Manual lets you control the zoom level, use the +/- keys to control. Auto keeps the aircraft fairly tightly zoomed in, but will change the level automatically for you. Last, you can also turn on the Binocular gadget. This will bring up a PiP window with a fully zoomed in image of the aircraft. Turn this one by touching the #3.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I can never get the planes on RF 5.5 to appear large enough when flying to suit me. I think I have tried every possible setting and have also talked to the RF support folks about it without good results.

Is there another Sim that will render a larger airplane image while flying?

Thank you!
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
RealFlight has different zoom types. You will find this under the View menu. Keep Ground in View best simulates what you see at an actual flying site. Manual lets you control the zoom level, use the +/- keys to control. Auto keeps the aircraft fairly tightly zoomed in, but will change the level automatically for you. Last, you can also turn on the Binocular gadget. This will bring up a PiP window with a fully zoomed in image of the aircraft. Turn this one by touching the #3.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Steve thanks for the input.

The "Ground in View" setting is the one I like best but the plane then appears too small on my screen, much smaller than in real life RC flying. I am not the only one at my club complaining about this.
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2