HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
starkville ms
Joined Nov 2004
11 Posts
Discussion
dynam esc/motor setup issues

i bought a little dynam combo to put in a foamie. this is also a cheap fly sky ct6b tx and receiver. iv'e binded this rec and tx quite a few times with no problems. when connecting the motor and powering up the system, i get the 3 note startup ringtone and then a beep every two seconds. does not appear to go to the lipo cell count as i believe it should.

i've heard this is a "throttle" protection ringtone. so... i've tried to rebind with the motor disconnected several times with the trim and throttle at various positions. still no luck. here is a vid of what i'm experiencing...

dynam esc/motor issues (1 min 4 sec)

thanks for any suggestions.

-doug-
iam4msu is offline Find More Posts by iam4msu
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,394 Posts
It's not a binding issue -- its TX/throttle related.

Could be end point / travel adjustment issue (happened to me w/old TX w/o programming); or the need reverse the throttle.
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
starkville ms
Joined Nov 2004
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
It's not a binding issue -- its TX/throttle related.

Could be end point / travel adjustment issue (happened to me w/old TX w/o programming); or the need reverse the throttle.
right... i agree. i can bind all day long with no problems. i don't believe this tx has reversing on the tx itself. looks like i might get the t6 software downloaded and hook up the tx. see i can change throttle reverse that way. out of the box, is it normal to change to reverse throttle?

thanks
-doug-
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:03 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Doug
I think I see what's needed.
Transmitter on, throttle trim full down, throttle stick full up.
Plug-in the flight battery.
Throttle stick full down.
ESC should arm.
Advance throttle stick a little, motor should spin
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....-TX-Erazor-450
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:32 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,169 Posts
Sounds like the ESC is not receiving a throttle signal, but the receiver is obviously working, so...

Swap the channels of the ESC and one of the servos. Does the servo move when you operate the throttle? Does the ESC do anything different? If the servo doesn't work then your receiver's throttle channel is faulty (or you're not plugged into the correct channel!). If the servo works but the ESC still reacts the same as before, then the ESC is probably faulty.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,394 Posts
Yes Bruce is correct that it is saying "abnormal throttle signal" -- see attached.

I'm having some unusual issues with a Dynam Detrum 60A ESC: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1673824 .
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
starkville ms
Joined Nov 2004
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Sounds like the ESC is not receiving a throttle signal, but the receiver is obviously working, so...

Swap the channels of the ESC and one of the servos. Does the servo move when you operate the throttle? Does the ESC do anything different? If the servo doesn't work then your receiver's throttle channel is faulty (or you're not plugged into the correct channel!). If the servo works but the ESC still reacts the same as before, then the ESC is probably faulty.
man... thanks to bruce and you others! umm... i hate to admit it but i had the esc in the wrong channel. found out ch 3 is throttle, with esc in ch 3 and three servos in ch1/ch2/ch4... all is good in the world.

thanks again for all the suggestions.