HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Sorry to see/ hear about your dirt nap. . They all suck !!

I had the exact same thing take place with a 500 motor shaft last month. .I know of the "THICK" pin you speak of, so a bit bizarre and annoying for sure.
One little thing goes wrong with these helis, and they sure can come down hard. . All part of the game I suppose.

Be nice if they would make these pins - shafts - bolts with tungsten in key areas. ( wishful thinking )

If you should have a problem with any KDS 600 parts to be found for your repair. . this outfit here always has good stock. http://www.kdsmodelsusa.com/category...show=10&page=1

I feel guilty for having to Knock on Paul1968's door begging for a main gear. . When KDS USA had full stock. .
Don't feel guilty, just helping a mate out. You haven't had the invoice yet!
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2014, 05:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hounslow
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
Thanks but kdsmodel dont ship other than cont. US so wouldn't help.

Thinking to put the main shaft lock ring on the bottom of the first bearing block so in case the jesus pin got chop off again the collar could help secure it...
gabrielwong1991 is offline Find More Posts by gabrielwong1991
Old Jul 12, 2014, 02:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwong1991 View Post
Today whilst i was doing tic toc i had a boom strike and the heli dropped like a stone... Later found out it wasnt the dampener that haven't fasten hard enough... Its the jesus pin - the one that goes into the belt pully snapped or shaved whatever you call it... So pissed right now... If it was human error then i accept it but now its the pin that snapped... not happy at all]
Do you have a plastic or metal belt pulley?
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Jul 12, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
thats a metal pully its my second one the first one scraped the lower bearing block making it unusable...

Also the pin wouldn't chop off if it weren't metal...

I can see i have most of the parts needed in Hobbyking ready but they only have 1 side carbon frame left which i need 2...

The parts that i ordered from china wont be here few months later it was being shipped by land and no carbon frame ordered unfortunately..

Also looking to fit a agile 5.5 to the innova 600 main shaft... It seem the swashplate are the same but no idea on the main shaft size..
The metals on the rotorhead were a bit soft on the innova 600 one..
Last edited by gabrielwong1991; Jul 12, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
thats a metal pully its my second one the first one scraped the lower bearing block making it unusable...

Also the pin wouldn't chop off if it weren't metal...

I can see i have most of the parts needed in Hobbyking ready but they only have 1 side carbon frame left which i need 2...

The parts that i ordered from china wont be here few months later it was being shipped by land and no carbon frame ordered unfortunately..

Also looking to fit a agile 5.5 to the innova 600 main shaft... It seem the swashplate are the same but no idea on the main shaft size..
The metals on the rotorhead were a bit soft on the innova 600 one..
It's a pain when spares dry up. Ordered a KDS 550 from HK hoping most of the spares are compatible with the 600. Will soon find out, should arrive this week. With the Blades the 550 and 600 heads are identically mechanically, only the tail has differences starting with the tail boom length and all that follows. Can't even find a spare KDS680 servo or its gears - will have to change out whole swash servo set. What a pain - the 680's seems good, and I just stripped the gears on one servo when it crashed due to the mechanical failure of the pitch link
Last edited by deonjams; Jul 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
Perhaps you should try the tgy515mg and tgy725mg they are kst rebrand and are selling pretty cheap... - would be cheaper to replace the servo perhaps? have no idea on 680 servos tho...

So lesson learned no matter how good the heli flies, if the factory don't allow parts bought directly from them and when LHS don't carry the line it is just a piece of junk. There is always a reason for align perhaps...

If you give me a second chance, I wouldn't even touch the new agile line. Perhaps the assault 700 would have parts support better..
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps you should try the tgy515mg and tgy725mg they are kst rebrand and are selling pretty cheap... - would be cheaper to replace the servo perhaps? have no idea on 680 servos tho...

So lesson learned no matter how good the heli flies, if the factory don't allow parts bought directly from them and when LHS don't carry the line it is just a piece of junk. There is always a reason for align perhaps...

If you give me a second chance, I wouldn't even touch the new agile line. Perhaps the assault 700 would have parts support better..
Have both Assault 700 and Agile 5.5 in boxes waiting to be built. I have already started stocking up on spares, but problem is always something breaks that you don't have

The Agile 5.5 design and quality is really good, and the Assault looks good value no money - no big issues yet. Have learned with the HK helis that one has to look carefully at bearings and control rod links, replacing them immediately if you can
Old Jul 19, 2014, 06:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Can someone tell me what the distance across the diameter between the screw holes for the maingear on the Innova 550/600 hub is in mm? I've heard that the main gears are compatible with Century, RJX and JR helicopters but I need confirmation.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
hole to hole is around 3.2cm for my 600 v2 slanted gear...

btw... my parts have arrived... any idea how to properly install the jesus pin that goes into the pully so it wont get chopped off again?
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
605 Posts
Ordered 3 sets of gears (very rare find) for my N680 servos, only to find the servo motor shaft snapped, gears all ok. Grrr. Can't find another N680 servo anywhere, and don't want to waste other 2 good N680 servos. Anyone have one spare lying around? Even broken is fine - just need the servo motor