Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
Sid,

I will try what you suggest..

There people on this tread who are using ET OSD successfully who have no glitches..?
maybe you need to servo analysis wizard for the new rx.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
maybe you need to servo analysis wizard for the new rx.

Sid
Yes... I ran the "Servo Analysis Wizard"
Mykro is online now Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
sander style UHF antenna

Attachment 5401225

gonna do range test first in a moment
Remember, the "Sander style" antenna is a quarter wave monopole antenna. It will not perform as well as the stock dipole. It's ok for closer proximity. With EzUHF this is a bit different as there they use diversity, but even there dipoles would be superior.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
RC FPVer
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
408 Posts
Two questions, I have a Low Pass Filter from my old Tx, should I use that on the RL, I'm using 1280 as my video feed still. I also already have a 1.3 LPF on my video Tx on the plane.

And I have a Nagoya NA-771 antenna, any reason to use that over the stock antenna?
surf1punk is online now Find More Posts by surf1punk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QAV400 quadcopter with CC3D
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk View Post
Two questions, I have a Low Pass Filter from my old Tx, should I use that on the RL, I'm using 1280 as my video feed still. I also already have a 1.3 LPF on my video Tx on the plane.

And I have a Nagoya NA-771 antenna, any reason to use that over the stock antenna?
RL has built in filters, so IMHO you don't need it. Regarding the antenna, that's a two band antenna for 2m and 70cm. In the 70cm band which is relevant here, the gain the antenna has is only 2,15dBi. I'm not sure what kind of gain the stock antenna has but it does not take much to get there. In other words, there would be better antennas to replace the stock one. The stock one is good though and i.e. I only have a 70cm yagi which I use in situations where I think the stock one could come to it's limits.

HTH

Markus
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:19 AM
RC FPVer
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
RL has built in filters, so IMHO you don't need it. Regarding the antenna, that's a two band antenna for 2m and 70cm. In the 70cm band which is relevant here, the gain the antenna has is only 2,15dBi. I'm not sure what kind of gain the stock antenna has but it does not take much to get there. In other words, there would be better antennas to replace the stock one. The stock one is good though and i.e. I only have a 70cm yagi which I use in situations where I think the stock one could come to it's limits.

HTH

Markus
Ok thanks for the info Markus
surf1punk is online now Find More Posts by surf1punk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QAV400 quadcopter with CC3D
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Apr 2012
921 Posts
Will this interferance with the guys who have ham licens?
timtimtim is online now Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
Will this interferance with the guys who have ham licens?
A bit of a delicate question. In fact it runs in the 70cm band and as such it could interfere, but it's frequency hopping, thus it does not interfere that much compared to a regular user of this band.

The best thing you can do is to get a HAM license yourself. Depending on where you life this is actually quite easy (as it seems in the US) or very hard (i.e. Switzerland). Should you be intersted, contact a local HAM radio club.

HTH

Markus
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Remember, the "Sander style" antenna is a quarter wave monopole antenna. It will not perform as well as the stock dipole. It's ok for closer proximity. With EzUHF this is a bit different as there they use diversity, but even there dipoles would be superior.

Markus
ah ok thanks i take note on that, i guess might better of buying the small antenna from flytron? but for start sander antenna should be enough for my quad as i dont plan to go beyond 1km with the quad anyway,will do a ground range test first before flying with it
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
ah ok thanks i take note on that, i guess might better of buying the small antenna from flytron? but for start sander antenna should be enough for my quad as i dont plan to go beyond 1km with the quad anyway,will do a ground range test first before flying with it
Unless you fly in a very harsh envireonement, your sander style antennas should be ok to ~5km. So no worries here. If you intend to go beond this, choose the stock dipoles. The flytron ones are worse than the sander style ones as they are shorter. With antennas, you generally want as much wire in the air as high above the ground as possible. You can think of it like this, the more wire in the air, the more of the signal is catched. Of course that wire should follow certain rules (in terms of lenght and shape and diameter, material) but as a genreal rule of thumb, you really want as much wire as possible. From the antennas we talked about here, the stock dipol is obviousely the best in this regard.

HTH

Markus
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Unless you fly in a very harsh envireonement, your sander style antennas should be ok to ~5km. So no worries here. If you intend to go beond this, choose the stock dipoles. The flytron ones are worse than the sander style ones as they are shorter. With antennas, you generally want as much wire in the air as high above the ground as possible. You can think of it like this, the more wire in the air, the more of the signal is catched. Of course that wire should follow certain rules (in terms of lenght and shape and diameter, material) but as a genreal rule of thumb, you really want as much wire as possible. From the antennas we talked about here, the stock dipol is obviousely the best in this regard.

HTH

Markus
great!! i guess i'm gonna stick with sander for my quad,i dont even think my quad can go beyond 1km without running out of battery on the way back, but will still use dipole for my plane,

so if my understanding are correct the coax cable can be any lenght as i desire but the important thing is the wire that connected to the active element and ground of the coax

thanks
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
great!! i guess i'm gonna stick with sander for my quad,i dont even think my quad can go beyond 1km without running out of battery on the way back, but will still use dipole for my plane,

so if my understanding are correct the coax cable can be any lenght as i desire but the important thing is the wire that connected to the active element and ground of the coax

thanks
Regarding your "coax being any lenght " statement, and in the context of your 70cm RC link - virtually yes, as the loss at this frequency is small enough to not play a great rule. It would be very different though if we would talk about a 5.8Ghz video link where the loss becomes an issue and also the type of cable used becomes extremly important.

Markus
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
921 Posts
still 1-2 months shippinh?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
still 1-2 months shippinh?
??? How do you come to this conclusion? I quickly visited www.rangepiloting.com and it seems to be in stock.

Markus
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
921 Posts
Quote:
??? How do you come to this conclusion? I quickly visited www.rangepiloting.com and it seems to be in stock.

Markus
At checkout

"Warning: Now Close to the Christmas,all parcel the delivery time may up to 1-2 months,even you select the EMS shipping method;maybe the DHL is good choice,just email to us if you like to use it."