HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2014, 01:09 AM
Gear jammin,Foam crackin!
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Apr 2013
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Yes. The new FMS units are specifically designed for the 1700mm birds. I used a $7 RC Lander gear sequencer and it's been perfect for over 6 months now.
Just kind of wondering how you know this, I have come to conclusion that the wing itself has received some design mods, one of which was the addition of 2 extra fuse mounting points, but to change the depth of the landing gear servo pockets does seem kind of odd. Esp reducing the depth! I realize what you are saying about the FMs units are specifically designed for 1700mm birds, but it seems that the V2.5 p-51 wings are specifically designed to only accept the ETracts and not the PZV2's.
Makes me wonder, does the V2.5 bird now come with Etracts stock?
RavenV1 is offline Find More Posts by RavenV1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
HI everybody.
I wonder about the posts of a new Prop hub/ spinner ?
I have the V1. Is it also possible, that I have only a 270kv motor in this old version ?
Can someone post some pics of the new Prop / spinner ?

Thanks.

Markus
Mengel1973 is offline Find More Posts by Mengel1973
Old Jul 17, 2014, 08:16 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenV1 View Post
Just kind of wondering how you know this, I have come to conclusion that the wing itself has received some design mods, one of which was the addition of 2 extra fuse mounting points, but to change the depth of the landing gear servo pockets does seem kind of odd. Esp reducing the depth! I realize what you are saying about the FMs units are specifically designed for 1700mm birds, but it seems that the V2.5 p-51 wings are specifically designed to only accept the ETracts and not the PZV2's.
Makes me wonder, does the V2.5 bird now come with Etracts stock?
The original retract trays were not designed for the PZ-V2 units. Those retract units were a knee-jerk replacement to the original retract units which people were complaining about them burning up. I personally never had a problem with the originals and used them for over 18 months before getting the FMS designed units. Mine is a V1.5 Frankie (upgraded wing spars but the rest is the same as V1)

Interestingly, the V1 1.4m FW 190 used the same retracts that the V1 & V1.5 1.7m mustang used, but never had the same problem with them burning out. I also used these for over a year without issue. Others had odd binding issues or something with them. Weird.

Anyway.

The PZ-V2 units have a little lug on each side that makes them not a direct drop in. Same for the FW 190 when they replaced the originals with them too. I think now though they have made new retract trays to account for the lugs.

FMS have stated the their new custom designed retract units are only offered as upgrades and will not be supplied stock in a plane. I'll know for sure though next week, as I have the V2 FW 190 arriving

Cheers,

Steve
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 17, 2014, 08:20 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengel1973 View Post
HI everybody.
I wonder about the posts of a new Prop hub/ spinner ?
I have the V1. Is it also possible, that I have only a 270kv motor in this old version ?
Can someone post some pics of the new Prop / spinner ?

Thanks.

Markus
If you have a V1 you most definitely have a 270kv motor in it. Same as in my V1.5.

The new spinner/ hub has 3 parts not including the prop blades. Back plate, propeller clamp plate and the spinner itself. The original spinner / hub only had two parts.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:19 PM
Gear jammin,Foam crackin!
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Apr 2013
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
The original retract trays were not designed for the PZ-V2 units. Those retract units were a knee-jerk replacement to the original retract units which people were complaining about them burning up. I personally never had a problem with the originals and used them for over 18 months before getting the FMS designed units. Mine is a V1.5 Frankie (upgraded wing spars but the rest is the same as V1)

Interestingly, the V1 1.4m FW 190 used the same retracts that the V1 & V1.5 1.7m mustang used, but never had the same problem with them burning out. I also used these for over a year without issue. Others had odd binding issues or something with them. Weird.

Anyway.

The PZ-V2 units have a little lug on each side that makes them not a direct drop in. Same for the FW 190 when they replaced the originals with them too. I think now though they have made new retract trays to account for the lugs.

FMS have stated the their new custom designed retract units are only offered as upgrades and will not be supplied stock in a plane. I'll know for sure though next week, as I have the V2 FW 190 arriving

Cheers,

Steve
Appreciate the info steve, maybe I can add to that. After a little sleuthing of my own, this is conclusion I have come too. You are right the PZV2's did come with little tabs that would not allow them to just drop in to the P-51, V-1 to 2.5 but will work in the V1 and I'm assuming the V2 with the tabs cut off, but not the V2.5. But they do for the P-47, I will also add that mine came with the tabs removed brand new. A little confusing to say the least!
Anyway, After watching the new FMS vid on the P-51 posted just a couple of pages back I'm assuming that's the V2.5 or 3 and if you look closely when he turns the plane over and zooms in on the gear those are indeed the Plastic frame Etracts. and not the PZV2's. So I do believe they are now standard on these planes, which I might add helps justify the $460 price tag. As for the 1450mm planes I cannot verify as I own none. It will be interesting to see what your FW comes with being a V2.
So basically now I either modify to fit the PZV2's or choke up and buy the Full Etract system and be done with it!
Any way thanx for your help Steve, and look forward to seeing the Fw soon,
Good Luck with her!

Sean
RavenV1 is offline Find More Posts by RavenV1
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
First place 2014 Vernon B.C. Scale Classic ( ProAm pro class )
She handled beautifully including the 30 mph winds on Saturday.
shokaidobb is offline Find More Posts by shokaidobb