HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:03 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,805 Posts
I'm pretty angry at the web site. I had a hex multi-copter in my cart 6 times, and every time I tried to complete my order, the web site lost my shopping cart. When I finally managed to get everything into my cart and the server was actually up so that I could order, the multi-rotor was out of stock. That really stinks. Now I won't have it in time for the project I was going to use it on. Unfortunately they don't give arrival estimates on their products. I really wanted that X800 because it's parts compatible with my Xaircraft X650.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
I'm pretty angry at the web site. I had a hex multi-copter in my cart 6 times, and every time I tried to complete my order, the web site lost my shopping cart. When I finally managed to get everything into my cart and the server was actually up so that I could order, the multi-rotor was out of stock. That really stinks. Now I won't have it in time for the project I was going to use it on. Unfortunately they don't give arrival estimates on their products. I really wanted that X800 because it's parts compatible with my Xaircraft X650.
man...that stinks!

I'm still waiting on my shaft and shaft adapter...now almost a month old.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:59 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Alright, I sent rctimer an email asking where in the world is my order...

as per their website, I sent it to
sales@rctimer.com

hoping for a quick turnaround.
gawd, I'm sure glad I spent that extra $2 for tracking...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,619 Posts
I just tried to access the RCTimer's website and getting an Internal Server Error. I am fearful about placing any orders with them, the site has been up and down like a yo-yo.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:56 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
well, I'm glad I at least received a response from Nina; however, not a very good response.

All I got was, it was shipped and here's your tracking number xxxxxxxxxx.

I would of liked for rctimer to put a trace in or at least tell me how long before they initiate a trace. I would think 1 month is long enough.

Anyways, if after 35 days I still do not receive the order, I'll put in a paypal dispute to protect myself.

Anyone know where I can get this shaft adapter...I'm sorta giving up on rctimer. I'll order a new one from someone else if anyone carries it.

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...9&productname=
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Butter thumbs...
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
That request for help might work better if you supplied a link to a site that was actually up and running

Juz sayin is all...
xmicho is offline Find More Posts by xmicho
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,462 Posts
It is up!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmicho View Post
That request for help might work better if you supplied a link to a site that was actually up and running

Juz sayin is all...
LOL! I'm beginning and continuing to not really like rctimer a whole lot. But I'm patient, so I'll wait around a bit more. I'll give them 35 days....good grief, luckily I have 24 other planes to fly

BTW - a fellow RCG'er offered to sell me some...so at least I have a way to getting those adapters if the order never shows up from rctimer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
LOL! I'm beginning and continuing to not really like rctimer a whole lot. But I'm patient, so I'll wait around a bit more. I'll give them 35 days....good grief, luckily I have 24 other planes to fly

BTW - a fellow RCG'er offered to sell me some...so at least I have a way to getting those adapters if the order never shows up from rctimer.
24 planes! I tought I was bad I feel much better now
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:58 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,108 Posts
I get an Error trying to access their site on IE7, but it works fine on my Android Tablet. So there is still something that needs to be fixed on their end.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
France, PACA, Beausoleil
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
I can no more access there site whatever browser I use.
But if I use my phone connection it works...
I am waiting for an exchange of a Crius AIO Pro controll board, witch has defect USB port (it broke the first time I use it.
I had a talk with Nina, she first suggest me to glue or resolder or use another port to use my card. After I disagree with her proposal she give me a return adress...
It was three weeks ago.
I think Iam going to wait longtime, if it never arrive.
ybmdu is offline Find More Posts by ybmdu
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
France, PACA, Beausoleil
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
When I use hidemyass on chrome it works.
Rctimer do filter.
Shame on them.
ybmdu is offline Find More Posts by ybmdu
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
2nd email response from rctimer asks me to inquire with my PO.

Today I made the effort of calling USPS...they won't even talk to me...other than tell me what I already know...and that is that the package made it to new york, but the trail goes cold there.

I'm sure rctimer must know this already, but why ask me to do it and waste another day is beyond me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post

Today I made the effort of calling USPS...they won't even talk to me...other than tell me what I already know...and that is that the package made it to new york, but the trail goes cold there.
I have had this happened before, not with RCTimer but with vendors selling on Ebay. Something is wrong, mighty wrong and I am very fearful to place any others to vendors in China. When I called the Postal Service, I was told to contact the seller and the seller was telling me to contact the Postal Service. I gave up and filed a PayPal claim.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
I have had this happened before, not with RCTimer but with vendors selling on Ebay. Something is wrong, mighty wrong and I am very fearful to place any others to vendors in China. When I called the Postal Service, I was told to contact the seller and the seller was telling me to contact the Postal Service. I gave up and filed a PayPal claim.
I called USPS back, and according to the gal, sender needs to initiate a trace. Once USPS can't locate and determines package lost, contents are paid under insurance to sender, at which point sender can either resend or refund.

but yep you're right. I'm gonna give rctimer 35 days, and if they decide to do nothing after I've asked them several times to start a trace...I'll file a paypal dispute. I believe I have 45 days to do a dispute with paypal.
RCG Plus Member