New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by motorhead
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,085 Posts
Discussion
Rans S-7 by Fancyfoam

Official thread for the 42" Rans S-7 Courier.

Purchase here.
Build manual here.

Specs:

Wing Span - 42"
Length - 33"
RTF Weight - 24oz.
Power - 2810-1100kv motor, 20amp ESC, 3s 1300mah lipo
Radio - 7 channel with 6 mini servos

What's in the box:

Laser cut EPP foam
Pre-beveled control surfaces
Carbon fiber spar rods
Main and tail landing gear
Plywood control horns
Spinner

Kit can be purchased with the following equipment:

2810-1100kv 78g motor
10x5 prop
20 amp ESC
3s 1300mah Lipo
6 9g servos
4 30cm servo extensions

Also needed to complete:

Receiver
*Computer radio with correct receiver for a 4 servo wing or
5 ch receiver with Y-harness for ailerons and Reversing
Y-harness for flaps.

Rans S 7 (0 min 54 sec)

motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Last edited by motorhead; Apr 21, 2015 at 09:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:12 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,085 Posts
Here is a build video showing the wing construction. It differs from the pdf instructions in that is shows how to build the wing with some dihedral. This was hard to show with just pictures.
Mike

S 7 wing (31 min 41 sec)
Last edited by motorhead; Apr 28, 2015 at 02:41 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by dustyhusky
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Feb 2011
20 Posts
Very Niiiiice! Motorheads 42 yak was sweet, this could be the best sporty aileron trainer around. And be a great step up plane into aerobatics. Looking at it I'm thinking Crack Turbo Beaver that can fly in the wind. To bad I just bought a sport cub, this looks like more fun. I'm loving the the EPP bush planes coming out lately, this one should be a hit.
dustyhusky is offline Find More Posts by dustyhusky
Old Apr 28, 2015, 02:43 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,085 Posts
I am looking for some feed back on the color for this kit. The paint scheme is patterned after the the real plane. They have done a Green/grey/ black and blue/grey/black. Do you guys have a preference?
Mike
Fancyfoam
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:54 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,085 Posts
Rans now has kits in stock and ready to ship.

They also have some that are Almost Ready to Fly. All you have to do it glue the wing on, install the landing gear and hook up your receiver.
Mike
Old May 23, 2015, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Joined Aug 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I am looking for some feed back on the color for this kit. The paint scheme is patterned after the the real plane. They have done a Green/grey/ black and blue/grey/black. Do you guys have a preference?
Mike
Fancyfoam
Hi Mike, I like this plane a lot. Also the EPP Hobby Decathelon. The Rans size fits better in my car, the Decathelon wing is removable. Green or blue wouldn't matter much to me but I think stocking both is a plus. No two guys want to be caught wearing the same dress to a party. As I look over the build, Q...can I still get to the ESC to R&R? Couldn't some clever lad add some bracing for a removable wing? Screws ala Decathelon or even rubber bands? FYI, I'm a bush fan and like the Rans flap setup better than the Decathelon. I just built the Highlander from WMPF but that is a profile wing 3D and not so much a true airplane type flyer. Big, huge plus to its landing gear though! Best of luck with the Rans, glad to see your line expanding. Ps, ps...RCBaron is not going to carry the Hacker Master Stick after getting just 10 pieces in....I really wanted one of those too...hint, hint. I am no fan of him anyway.
Dynascrew is offline Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Old Jul 02, 2015, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by PHerder
United States, KS, Sedgwick
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Mike,

Been flying this plane for a couple of weeks now and it is becoming one of my favorites!

Even in tall grass it still has a short take off! Even better with the flaps down.

I am using an Apprentice SAFE RX in it to make the learning easier and have been practicing takeoffs and return to the field immediately for a landing.

If it wasn't for the mosquitoes I might still be out there flying.
PHerder is offline Find More Posts by PHerder
Old Jul 03, 2015, 09:13 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,085 Posts
Awesome!
Here are a couple of planes that the guys at the Rans shop put together. They took the stock paint job and tweeked it some.
Mike
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by rcguy1958
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
This is a good looking bush plane and I'm guessing if it's powered right could probably do a little 3d action with quick servos on the flaps. Definitely on my wish list.....and my birthday is almost here
rcguy1958 is online now Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by rcguy1958
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
BTW...the paint jobs the Rans guys did with the checkerboard is hot...leaning towards a white kit myself to try to duplicate those schemes....but if that was available might just have to spend the extra dollars to get it in the air quicker.
rcguy1958 is online now Find More Posts by rcguy1958