SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by Jon Leary
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking

I tried to order a micro receiver and 4 micro servos and they said they couldn't ship to my country. This was from the West coast warehouse. I live in Alaska. No way to contact them. I hear a lot of folks buy from them but I haven't been able to.
Jon Leary is offline Find More Posts by Jon Leary
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by PRNDL
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
935 Posts
Last I heard Alaska was part of the United States.

Have you tried their Live Chat? On their website top right hand corner there is a yellow Live Chat button.....try that and good luck.
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by MattZC
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
915 Posts
Speaking from personal experience, Hobbyking has terrible customer service. I don't believe its worth the cheap prices. My most recent and probably my last ever order from them took over four months to deliver. After three months "talking" to customer service, they could not supply me a valid tracking number and finally they told me my package was lost, and would refund my money. I never received a refund, and a month after that the package showed up at the post office. Just one of many horror stories with Hobbyking, I say you're lucky to not be able to order, you'll never be subjected to their ridiculous business practice. /rant over.
MattZC is offline Find More Posts by MattZC
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by MDO1265
Shamong NJ
United States, NJ, Shamong
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
I too waited about 2 months for a product from HK. No updates, no correspondence at all.

I agree with Matt... consider yourself fortunate.

I have sworn off buying from them or any other china based outfit. The savings just isn't worth the wait or the hassle. Besides, we should be trying to support our LHS whenever possible even if it is another 10 %. There is much to be said for being able to walk into the store and lay your hands on the product , and if you're lucky, get some good first hand input from knowledgeable staff.
MDO1265 is offline Find More Posts by MDO1265
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,887 Posts
Jon if you haven't had any luck with HK's live chat you could always send Rob over on the HKCSNYC thread a PM and ask him what's going on,he really does go out of his way to try and help people on here,ok i know it's job but he seem to be able to get things sorted when others can't.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
1,153 Posts
Jon consider it a sign from above. Don't order from HK, chances are it will be winter time in your "country" before you get it....
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by bruff
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,186 Posts
Try the east warehouse. Their shipping better than west. I have had thing the west stated could not ship but east did.
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by Jon Leary
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
Thanks for the replys. I will not try to order from them again. Not worth the hassle.
Jon Leary is offline Find More Posts by Jon Leary
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by Bohh33
Thermal seeker
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Jul 2005
586 Posts
Sorry - wrong thread.
Bohh33 is online now Find More Posts by Bohh33
Old Today, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by hoppy
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Leary View Post
Thanks for the replys. I will not try to order from them again. Not worth the hassle.
Problem with that is they have so much stuff that others don't.

Try sending a PM to the US/Canada support crew in NY. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/priva...epost=27991637 explaining your problem.

They have been very good at solving problems quickly.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy