HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:49 PM
United States, WA, Yacolt
Joined Dec 2005
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 stang 19 View Post
I'm still very new, but those guys have really helped me out and much appreciated! So, I THIRD THAT! Thanks to all you experts out there that I learn from and hope to keep on learning!
I'll give you a heads up here, even the most advanced of us are still in school, lol. Never stop learning, never stop exploring, this is what it's all about, well... it's a great deal of fun we get to enjoy big time as well, let's face it.
saucerguy is offline Find More Posts by saucerguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:44 AM
United States, TX, Nederland
Joined Mar 2013
39 Posts
Big thanks to everyone here sharing info. I am a noob and did not do enough reading my first two builds ( would not fly). My third build which was found here flew. I was so tickled. It is a superfly type of wing. It was not perfect, but I had fun. It only lasted a couple of days, but now version 2 has been built. 2... One for me and my son (20 yrs old). THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE HERE.
DroidJunk is offline Find More Posts by DroidJunk
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:54 PM
United States, TX, Nederland
Joined Mar 2013
39 Posts
I hate to reply to my own post, but took the pink one out today. Ran a couple of batts threw it. I get really happy when I see it fly. Big thanks to all here!
DroidJunk is offline Find More Posts by DroidJunk
Old May 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,148 Posts
Basic 1/2" blue insulation foam deltawing. I wanted the silhouette to mimic an F-14 Tomcat with the wings swept back. No airfoil incorporated, just built it flat. Bell type brushless motor, small ESC, 850mah 3S batt, two plastic gear servos, 9x4.7 slow fly prop. About 18" across if I remember right.

Insulation foam airplane, flight 2 (2 min 44 sec)
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
Old May 27, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
3d foamboard

This is a prototype for my 60in balsa design
danielwagner79 is offline Find More Posts by danielwagner79
Old May 28, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
894 Posts
here is one ive been working on(:

i learned alot from yall
not my first build, but still
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post25106172
corsair2014 is offline Find More Posts by corsair2014
Old Jun 01, 2013, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bath
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
hello everyone,

im new to rcgroups and scratch built foamies and i have fallen in love with this new appoach to rc, i love it. i have just finished my first 3 builds (did them at the same time) 2 mini infineons biplanes 44cm wingspan (1epp 1 depron) and a large Ultron (depron) 1 metre wingspan

i wanna say thanks to everyone who gives their knowledge and especially the guys who create and share designs. i have done an insane amount of reading on this forum it has made getting into this VERY easy.

cheers everyone. here are my first pups.
LoudLoo33 is offline Find More Posts by LoudLoo33
Old Jun 01, 2013, 08:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bath
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
also forgot to say how well the mini infineons fly especially the depron version, i never expected to learn and perfect how to prop hang using a home built 44cm wingpsan foamy!!! LOVEIT.

havent flown my 1 metre Ultron yet im happy just to look at it on the wall rather than ruin it! i have a few planes to get through first.
LoudLoo33 is offline Find More Posts by LoudLoo33
Old Jun 02, 2013, 08:06 PM
John
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Appreciaton to ED from Experimental Air

Thanks again ED for your videos They helped me to finish my first scratchbuilt. I used info you posted in videos and kinda did my own thing. I am new to RC and looking forward to building more. Have not maidened this one yet. I call it Vertigo looking at it you might see why.

John
Johnfer is offline Find More Posts by Johnfer
Old Jul 08, 2013, 04:50 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Aug 2012
614 Posts
Just to let the experts on here know that my first ever Depron build using a 4ch Bixler-type wing-mounted EDF was a complete disaster. It was so top heavy and having no dihedral, it was impossible to control, and crashed in seconds.

Back to the drawing board, I transformed it into 4ch high wing trainer with a prop. It has a 39" span and for simplicity, I decided on a KF3 wing, and wing bands. The hand launch fuse is also in 6mm of a lightweight box-section construction, keeping the AUW to 12.75oz. The motor is a Towerpro 2408-10, running on 3S 1,300mAh. It now flies really well!

Being a novice flyer, I was a bit worried about the lack of dihedral so I used an Orange Rx with the built in stabilizer - just to help with roll control I hoped. It seemed to work just fine on it's maiden. Now I'll paint it up a bit and start thinking about other projects, but must get some more of those special Orange Rxs first!
FlyBoy20 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoy20
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
T-6A Texan build

SARG5 FROM Kansas here. Just found your thread. I have been build a number of STUFF. My last is this T-6A Texan. Foam. 37 in wing.
Pink foam.
Still do not have elect. purchased for the bird. We toured Beech AC and the T-6A Texan line about a mo. ago. Did the profile first build. Next build , want to build a full body build.
Her she is
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Jan 2012
88 Posts
rajazo OV 10 Bronco EB
Being a huge fan of the Bronco I was very happy!
Then the F 111 build. Man after my own heart.
FeWolf is offline Find More Posts by FeWolf
Old Aug 26, 2013, 05:25 AM
Learning to fly
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Aug 2013
16 Posts
Guys this place is so full of information that it boggles my mind. In my reading I found a thread about a scratch built F 4 Phantom. Guy with long hair and the glide test videos. Ring any bells? Anyway I can't find it again any help appreciated.

Found it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757700
Big_Joe_Mufferaw is offline Find More Posts by Big_Joe_Mufferaw
Last edited by Big_Joe_Mufferaw; Aug 26, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:34 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,036 Posts
Thanks to Brandon!

Just wanted to say thanks to brandonherring and his Simple Delta thread for the inspiration for my two VERY successful (and crash-resistant) designs.

Thanks dude!

mnem
Wait... if it's flying upside-down does it become a KFm1?
mnemennth is online now Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:51 AM
You laugh... But it flies!!!
United States, MO, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2013
354 Posts
Thanks Ed and thanks Flite Test. Great functional designs, easy builds, cheap foam. You guys rock!

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy
TEAJR66 is offline Find More Posts by TEAJR66