SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2014, 09:38 PM
Uruguay, Montevideo Department, Montevideo
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Discussion
Which battery will it handle?

Hey guys.

I have been gathering the equipment to fly my first plane. I already have my dx6i, my receiver and battery charger are on their way.

I have been looking at this plane: http://www.motionrc.com/fms-easy-tra...p/#description

I liked it, but I have a doubt regarding the battery.

It says it requieres a 2 Cell 7.4V 1300 mAh.

Can I put a 3600 mah 2s? Or a 2200 3s?

Thanks
TiraULTI is offline Find More Posts by TiraULTI
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2014, 09:52 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiraULTI View Post
Hey guys.

I have been gathering the equipment to fly my first plane. I already have my dx6i, my receiver and battery charger are on their way.

I have been looking at this plane: http://www.motionrc.com/fms-easy-tra...p/#description

I liked it, but I have a doubt regarding the battery.

It says it requieres a 2 Cell 7.4V 1300 mAh.

Thanks
I would guess that those batteries would be too big to fit in the battery compartment , and too heavy to give you the proper CG .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:22 PM
Comic Art Collector
United States, NY, Eastchester
Joined Jul 2013
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
I would guess that those batteries would be too big to fit in the battery compartment , and too heavy to give you the proper CG .
Agreed. Another thing to note is that the specifications call for a 2 cell (2S) battery. A 3 cell (3S) like the one you mentioned may be too much power for the electronics.

Your best bet is to go with what they call for.
DrewC is offline Find More Posts by DrewC
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:59 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,454 Posts
Electrically any size 2S battery would work (i.e. wouldn't do any damage) but more capacity (mAh) means larger size and heavier....so as already said it probably wouldn't fit and the extra weight would ruin the balance and possibly the performance.

Using a higher voltage battery e.g. 3S is an electrical problem because unless you change the prop and are able measure exactly what's going on it is very likely to damage something, usually the ESC but perhaps the motor.

I'd start off with the specified battery. After you've tried it with that you'll know if you need a bigger battery and how much space you have to get one in and move it around etc. Then you can think about getting clever and doing your own thing .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Aug 31, 2014, 03:07 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiraULTI View Post

Simple answer = No
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Aug 31, 2014, 07:31 AM
Uruguay, Montevideo Department, Montevideo
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Thanks everyone, I will get the one they reccomend.
TiraULTI is offline Find More Posts by TiraULTI
Old Aug 31, 2014, 08:48 AM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,268 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607270
Just a quick scan thru its thread and seems like you should stay with oem battery until you upgrade motor/esc. FYI there is a weight in the nose, so keep that in mind later with any mods.
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
I am having two 20A ESC . I am going to connect these two ESC with one receiver channel . can u pls tell me how much power of lipo battery i should use to run two brushless 1400 kv motors.
rockthe1 is online now Find More Posts by rockthe1