SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
Discussion
Motorcycle pull behind trailers?

Not sure if this is the correct form to post this but......

I have a Yamaha FZ1 and am looking into a pull behind that will hold RC airplanes. Preferably my 1/4 scale cub.

Does anyone here have a pull behind trailer on their motorcycle?
RC Erik is offline Find More Posts by RC Erik
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
im a mechanic and specialize in customs, yes they make trailers for bikes, but they are for cruisers.
you would have to have a hitch made specially for your bike.
gggval is offline Find More Posts by gggval
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
That is what I have been finding so far. Plus lots of trailers are streamlined and painted to match bikes. Not much utility style trailers that hold a 73" long fuselage cub.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
Well You really should have a pro fabricator do it.
There are thousands of dollars in tools to just make a mount, make it safe, and paint it to match.
Your swingarm is probably aluminum?
The first thing I would do is have a hitch made for your rear swingarm.
Then you can buy a trailer and it should just clip on, then have it repainted and POOF! you got yourself the FIRST sports bike trailer! It is REALLY easy to make it so the hatch has compartments and lots of padding.
Here is my website if your interested in my doing it: http://customs-by-chris.com/
What is your budget for this?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
Hey Chris,

I like your website. I used to have a few old UJM's (universal japanese bikes). A 1977 CB550F I used for a commuter and a 1971 CB500K I 90% restored.

Not definite on a budget yet, but I dont want to be spending more that a few thousand. Too high than I might as well continue to use my Toyota Tacoma like I always have.

I did see down here in south florida they have nice utility style trailers for about $1750. http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/for/3466123134.html

But I was looking for something like this - but for a bike in aluminum http://www.americanmarina.com/wp-con...7412054396.jpg

I am basically looking for something lightweight and can hold the cub without damaging it.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
One more thing.....

Chris, do you make hitches for bikes as well?

And yes, it has a aluminum swingarm.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
Hey Eric,
For what your wanting you would definitely want a closed trailer otherwise you WILL lose a LOT of parts all over the freeway.
I could get a trailer like the one you showed for about $750(the Closed utility style), which could be repainted to match your bike $300, $130 so all your RC stuff fits perfect inside without knocking around, and about $200 to have the hitch mounted on your swingarm.
Those really are rock bottom prices because I charge $25 an hour.
Sucks that your on the other side of the US haha
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the info. Let me do some more research on trailers. I dont want to say yes to something and then find out later that it wont hold the 1/4 scale cub, wings, field tool box.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
might as well build one from scratch then? depends on the wingspan and such.
1/4 scale is pretty big hugh?
i didnt realize you were interested in me doing it but before you make any final decisions let me know or pm me and I can make sure you get a really good deal. but most the stuff you could diy and save lots of money on.
if you want I could find a mechanic in your area that could make the trailer hitch mount and do the wiring, then you could paint the trailer yourself and put the foam in as well.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
169 Posts
Excellent Chris. Holidays are coming up so this will have to be on hold. But once I know exactly what I want, I will get with you. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:17 AM View Post
Umang Kumar
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.