HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:17 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfield View Post
Q#1 - When I run MultiWii Conf 2.1, I get Semi Flat output line data for about 30 secs after Calibrating (Acc & Mag)...then all of a sudden the lines shift.(see below):
Attachment 5201676
Is this a normal occurance?

Q#2 - When I do a Field Calibration (rt stick pulled all the way back & Throttle to lower left corner) shouldn't I see that calibration occur on the screen while running MW Conf?? If so what am I doing wrong?

I have had 2 flights with very dissapointing results...especially when I turn on Alt Hold. Copter heads to the ground.

I'm using HK MultiWii SE V2..with MW 2.1 software - in Tricopter Mode
Alt hold sucks in multiwii 2.1 ... there is a new branch that use accelerometer and a huge filter over the noisy baro sensor

You can find this modified version on a Rumenian forum, or a link from multiwii.com forum ...

With original code you should expect alt hold means fix high with +/- 2 meter of error
As well you need to set some sort of deadband else you need a ultra super accurate tx/rx for make it work ... look in config.h and you will fing this parameter

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: my HK multiwii se 2.0 with stock setting is flying fine ... mag heading holding is looking quite accurate ... autolevel is also working fine ... only the alt hold is not accurate
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
beginning night flyer
United States, MT, Bozeman
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
whats some of your guys PID settings for AP/FPV?
RCpilotwantabe is online now Find More Posts by RCpilotwantabe
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpilotwantabe View Post
whats some of your guys PID settings for AP/FPV?
PID should be same for every type of application ... it is more about the type of motor, esc and frame ... but if you do acrobatic or FPV ... PID should be the same ... ok some extreme PID setting could slow down .. but in theory the PID should be as high/sensitive as possible just before making the multicopter unstable with oscillations ...

In theory it is more the dual-rate or the "stick" scaling ... that can make the multicopter more or less relaxed/slow or agile/nervous

I'm still using stock PID, and my quad (that is a microQuad) it is perfectly stable.

More then PID, if something is wrong, it maybe needed to filter down some vibrations with some low pass filter on gyro or acc sensors ...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
I used the config multwii, he recognized the 6 engines, but when moving the board does not recognize, is difficult.
Thank you all.
robson.augusto is offline Find More Posts by robson.augusto
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:08 AM
beginning night flyer
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
PID should be same for every type of application ... it is more about the type of motor, esc and frame ... but if you do acrobatic or FPV ... PID should be the same ... ok some extreme PID setting could slow down .. but in theory the PID should be as high/sensitive as possible just before making the multicopter unstable with oscillations ...

In theory it is more the dual-rate or the "stick" scaling ... that can make the multicopter more or less relaxed/slow or agile/nervous

I'm still using stock PID, and my quad (that is a microQuad) it is perfectly stable.

More then PID, if something is wrong, it maybe needed to filter down some vibrations with some low pass filter on gyro or acc sensors ...

i messed with mine and it seemed to make it worse. what are your PID values?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpilotwantabe View Post
i messed with mine and it seemed to make it worse. what are your PID values?
Just press reset on the gui ... and you get default values
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:57 PM
beginning night flyer
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
alright ill do that
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Crius MWC SE V2.0

Hi all - Anyone out there who can tell me where I plug in a `beeper` / `buzzer` to my Crius SE board ?, for audio conformation of gyro calibration etc - And also, how do I get it to read my Lipo battery, for low voltage monitoring ? - I presume I will have to INPUT the Lipo voltage to the board somewhere, but where ? !

Thks
MD
modelflyerdave is offline Find More Posts by modelflyerdave
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelflyerdave View Post
Hi all - Anyone out there who can tell me where I plug in a `beeper` / `buzzer` to my Crius SE board ?, for audio conformation of gyro calibration etc - And also, how do I get it to read my Lipo battery, for low voltage monitoring ? - I presume I will have to INPUT the Lipo voltage to the board somewhere, but where ? !

Thks
MD
By default the buzzer pin is D8

By default multiwii 2.1 has no buzzer, that means you may need to enable the buzzer by changing config.h and recompile + upload the code
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Any idea why when flying normal mode its still controll ok but when switch to acc, baro or mag mode it will suddenly drop while flying like the motor no power.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
By default the buzzer pin is D8

By default multiwii 2.1 has no buzzer, that means you may need to enable the buzzer by changing config.h and recompile + upload the code
Thanks for your reply - yep got the buzzer working on pin header D8 yesterday (I had already defined D8 in the config.h file, when I uploaded the Ver2.1, as well as making pin header D12 my Rx Aux 2 input.)

However, although the buzzer now reads fine for both calibration, (gyro & acc) & also gives audio beep for when switching my Tx Aux 1 & Aux 2 switches, (again, defined in config.h file) - but still wont give me any "Lipo low voltage warning"

Of course, I know it wont do this, because the board needs to know what the flight battery voltage is !! - So still need to know how, or rather where, the Lipo +Ve can be `read` by the FCU - Now I know how to do this on a Kk2 FCU, but not on the Crius Se. !

I think the new (smaller) HK Crius AIO board gives pin / connection point "A8" as battery monitor, in the pin assignment files for this board, - but on the original Se board, no such point exists !.

Anyway, thanks for you help but I need to still sove the problem, (if it can be solved that is !!)
"Happy days still to come then !"
Rgds
DJ
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Any idea why when flying normal mode its still controll ok but when switch to acc, baro or mag mode it will suddenly drop while flying like the motor no power.
Hi try just selecting one sensor at a time, not all together ! - if you only have one aux switch, (say your `Gear` channel Tx switch) - Then just go for the ACC sensor ( Auto-Level ) to start with and work with that sensor first. - Then try the others after your happy with each one in turn.

BTW, the `Baro` is not up to muh on a Crius board !, even in SW ver 2.1, (buts it better than Ver 1.9 !) - Again,the `MAG`notometer is not much better either, compared to an Arduino type board, but it does work, but you need high "P" values for it - My `Mag` `P` is around 22.5 on my 350 Quad, where as on my Arduino board, on similar machine, its `good to go` at only 8 or 9.5 for the Mag `P` value !
Keep smiling
DJ
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:26 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Thanks for the advice and I will try if it works
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:34 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelflyerdave View Post
Thanks for your reply - yep got the buzzer working on pin header D8 yesterday (I had already defined D8 in the config.h file, when I uploaded the Ver2.1, as well as making pin header D12 my Rx Aux 2 input.)

However, although the buzzer now reads fine for both calibration, (gyro & acc) & also gives audio beep for when switching my Tx Aux 1 & Aux 2 switches, (again, defined in config.h file) - but still wont give me any "Lipo low voltage warning"

Of course, I know it wont do this, because the board needs to know what the flight battery voltage is !! - So still need to know how, or rather where, the Lipo +Ve can be `read` by the FCU - Now I know how to do this on a Kk2 FCU, but not on the Crius Se. !

I think the new (smaller) HK Crius AIO board gives pin / connection point "A8" as battery monitor, in the pin assignment files for this board, - but on the original Se board, no such point exists !.

Anyway, thanks for you help but I need to still sove the problem, (if it can be solved that is !!)
"Happy days still to come then !"
Rgds
DJ
I'm not using battery voltage monitor ... nor on AIO nor in KK2 ... but

On KK2 I know it has a voltage divider, so the dedicated pin for voltage monitor on KK2 has two resistance with high impedance (guess over 100kOhm), that serve for bring ~20v input at around 3v ... the CPU can read analogue signals, that should be in the range 0 to 3.3V (or whatever Vref is fixed in the board, normally is 3.3v the Vref)

Now, the AIO has multiple Ax pin (the analogue input pin) that could be used for detect the battery voltage ... but as far as I know there is no voltage divider on the board ... so ... you need to make a little "circuit" (two resistance in series) ... and connect the middle point to the designed pin

For my taste it is too much troubles .... I have a timer on my TX, and this is perfectly fine for protect my Lipo ... else ... you can buy for few $ a low voltage alarm buzzer to plug on the balancing plug ...

But ... yes ... if you do FPV and you have OSD telemetry, read the battery voltage, and why not, read the current consumption is a nice feature for FPV

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
I'm not using battery voltage monitor ... nor on AIO nor in KK2 ... but

On KK2 I know it has a voltage divider, so the dedicated pin for voltage monitor on KK2 has two resistance with high impedance (guess over 100kOhm), that serve for bring ~20v input at around 3v ... the CPU can read analogue signals, that should be in the range 0 to 3.3V (or whatever Vref is fixed in the board, normally is 3.3v the Vref)

Now, the AIO has multiple Ax pin (the analogue input pin) that could be used for detect the battery voltage ... but as far as I know there is no voltage divider on the board ... so ... you need to make a little "circuit" (two resistance in series) ... and connect the middle point to the designed pin

For my taste it is too much troubles .... I have a timer on my TX, and this is perfectly fine for protect my Lipo ... else ... you can buy for few $ a low voltage alarm buzzer to plug on the balancing plug ...

But ... yes ... if you do FPV and you have OSD telemetry, read the battery voltage, and why not, read the current consumption is a nice feature for FPV

Tchuss

e_lm_70

Thanks for your reply - You are obviuosly well into the electronics of these flight controllers then !, - As for me , well I`m just a good old electrics & programming sort of Guy ! - So even if I could make up a little external circuitry device, I would stillneed tot know where it would connect to on my Crius Se `std` board.

Anyway, I will keep the search going for a simple solution as dont like to be `beaten` by things, but of course, if there is no dedicated input point, where the direct voltage of ones flight battery, can be applied, for the measuring flight battery voltgages level - `then there aint` ! - & it could be simple as that perhaps?

However, I was begining to think the same about KK2 FCU, uintil some kind soul `out there` on the forums, put me right and now my KK2 reads my flight battery voltage to within tenths of a volt.

Anyway, once again, thanks for your input & replies.

DJ